Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

OSX patch?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Kaeric, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ok, I installed D2 and LoD but when I launch it I get an error type dealie that suggests that i download a patch to update LoD to run natively under OSX. I went to the blizzard patch pages but can someone tell me what patch I need to download? There are a great number of choices.... I'm running 10.2.6 btw

2. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
  3. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    I downloaded the patch that is listed under the "macintosh OS X patches" and the expansion one (12.2 MB) I try to open it and it says "Couldnt not open "[patch name]" because it is not a file that Quicktime understands" WTF is that? that error is why I asked what patch I needed to download.......help

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Diablo 2 patches are stand-alone applications, not movie files. Quicktime shouldn't be trying to open it. You might need to unstuff / unzip it first though.

5. Plasma

Plasma Peasant

Market Rating:
    well, i can tell you that my osx patch is working, because D2x is on right now.. but for some wierd reason.. the computer wont load www.blizzard.com :confused:

6. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    ok, wonderful...i unzipped it and followed the direction (copied all the files over to the D2 files folder) but when I go to open D2 (carbon) it says there is an error and I need to reinstall D2. tonight is not my night.

7. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    I got it to work, I had to download and apply the patch for D2 first and then apply the patch for LoD...Uohrah!

Hitometer: 53,842,407 since 1995