Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Optimum 'Roiding Fleet?

Discussion in 'Planetarion' started by Haite, May 9, 2001.

1. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I hear spiders and phoenixes are the way to go for 'roiding early on, just wondering if anyone's found any better strats or loopholes to this one. I found a great gal to steal 'roids from in the parallel to TTFN2. If you're in my gal then check the target gal of my fleet and pick a target, they have decent 'roids but low scores.

--Haite

2. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ive been looking into this. This round astropods are weaker. so a good roinding fleet is actully 2 fleets. send one fleet before you send your astropods. The first fleet should have Warfrigits to netralize any fighter/PDS. PDS is the main thing you need tow orry about.

It currently takes about 17 meson turrets to kill one pod. But only takes 3 spiders to freeze a pod. so you need to have fighter killing ships. Thats all you need. depedning on scans you might throw in other ships for stratagy. If the Have some Spectres of Dreadnaughts send some black widows and ghosts/devastors. Trants, Ghosts and Devastors are to be countered with lots of wraiths. You need lots of wraiths if the enemy has those. If they have SC load up on phoinexs.

3. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    or just mostly phoenix + pods

Mud, if you were to post those strategies in the PA strategy forums, I suspect you'd get quite a bit of opposition. I won't bother trying to break those strats down in quite as much detail as the people there might.

Roiding boils down to spiders (and PDS) vs. corvette class (pods, phoenix, and wraiths). If your corvettes outnumber the freezing/killing capacity of spiders and pds, you'll probably capture asteroids. If you don't have the numbers to get past the spiders, there's nothing you can do about it - no way to kill defending spiders (on the first tick at least) before they get their job done.

Beyond phoenix and pods, the tradeoffs of including/not including different ships in your fleet get a little more complex. Sending a kill fleet beforehand may work, but because of how asteroid capture has changed this round, it won't work nearly as well as it did in round 3. It's also not that hard to send the spiders away to avoid the kill fleet, and bring them back for the pod fleet - leaving you with the satisfaction of hurting someone's PDS, but no roids.

Hitometer: 53,597,586 since 1995