Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

On outsourcing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Calendryll, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=119&num=1
    What do you guys think about this? Also, it is getting much much harder to find IT jobs for the very reason of outsourcing. While I realize it is needed to keep us competitive against other countries it makes it really hard to find the jobs we all want. Unless we move to India that is.......

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I don't have a problem with it, but I think our administration needs to do a better job of discouraging it.

3. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    At the rate we are going though there wont be any IT jobs left in this country. India is much more skilled and trained in these fields and they work almost literally for beans. What company would be stupid enough not to switch over? I mean obviously some jobs would have to stay here but if you think about it the majority could leave. IT is scarce and hard enough to get into as it is.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    More like they need to do a better job of encouraging the companies to stay here.

5. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    while not skilled jobs, I personally get quite pissed when I try to call customer service for something and get someone who can barely speak english.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Same thing.

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Not really. It's the difference between postive and a negative reinforcement, negative often works short term but causes a lot of additional problems. Positive isn't used that much because it's more difficult to design and implement and has more long term benefits with less negative side effects.

8. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    The only way to slow, or stop this rampant outsourcing is to raise the humanitarian and labor standards of those countries where the western companies are setting up shop: india, philippines, china, mexico, et cetera. But our governments are either unwilling to put pressure on those governments, or in the case of the U.S., think it's a good idea that our companies are outsourcing our jobs over there. It's not going to happen any time soon.

Hitometer: 53,855,606 since 1995