Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

OMG! I hate Christmas!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Nov 25, 2000.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I was driving to work this morning and I was stopped in shopping traffic for 30 minutes!!! Why must everyone shop THE day after Thanksgiving???!!! When I finally got to CompUSA the store was freakin packed! I had customers totally sucking the information out of me all freakin day!!! GAWD! What is this obsession with gift giving? I don't do gifts anymore. I don't get anyone anything and they don't get for me. It seems like half the stuff you get you will never use. And the stress that goes along with shopping for gifts for people sucks. Not to mention the money! I like celebrating, but I hate gifts. It's some kind of conspiracey! [​IMG]

------------------
    lamo mac boy

2. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Christmas is my primary way of getting computer games.

------------------
    The only difference between me and Steve Jobs is that he is a god.

3. Lars

Lars Peasant

Market Rating:
  4. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's because your store offers incentives for shopping the day after thanksgiving, now if you worked in a store that had no sales, no bargains, and hicked up their prices to have a nice slow weekend, you wouldn't have that problem. Or you could work in a nice boring place like me and stare at a computer screen all day frying your retinas with radiation.

5. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    oohhh.. i like radiation....

(pours solvent over eyeballs to loosen from screen)

------------------
    The only difference between me and Steve Jobs is that he is a god.

6. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    christmas is not just about giving, its about the birth of Jesus Christ, people keep forgeting that more and more. In my opinion christmas has been basterdized by companies tring to make more and more money, and that is just sad.......

------------------
    "The most simple way to get a person to laugh is to only say one word, that word is of course, Penis" - The collected works of Jake Maurer (aka Hannibal)

[This message has been edited by Hannibal (edited 11-26-2000).]

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I still hate it! It's still been MAJORLY BUSY the past couple days! ARG! PEOPLE SUCK! My Mac knowledge is being sucked out of me! Every day I'm talking to like 4 different customers at a time about Macs and stuff. By the end of the day I feel totally drained. Christmas sucks. I hate materialistic holidays. No, I hate holidays in general. They only serve to demonstrate the hypocriticizm of our society. "Oh look, let's be caring and giving once a year, then be self absorbed the rest of the year. Then let's honor our veterans once a year, but turn our backs on their pleas for benefits the rest of the year." That's not to say we should be giving and stuff all year. To be giving and caring all the time goes against human nature and just wouldn't work. Hmmmm, kind of a funny situation when you think about it. [​IMG]

------------------
    lamo mac boy

8. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have synonym for Christmas: Capitalist Orgy.

------------------
    Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

9. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Whoa! Jakeman, don't you get a commission for selling stuff to all those holiday shoppers? You should be getting major cash from the holidy weekend.
    Or you work in a SHlTTY store that doesn't give it's workers commission. Shudder, I'd get my ass out of there pronto!

------------------
    [​IMG]
    ----Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!
    http://www.cowofwar.com

10. Balic

Balic Peasant

Market Rating:
    Good point Jakman. Thats capitalism for you. I have always thought that it is not the point to go out and buy things as you said celibrating is the fun part and you can always make somthing instead. Premade cards are the hight of contradictions too. A mass produced personal message [​IMG]

11. Zitta

Zitta Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ack, you work for comp USA? I hate that place. All the mac things are in the back corner, and there is never anyone around who knows anything about mac's, or computers in general.

Sorry, I guess the one where you work has at least one person who does.

------------------
    It's too bad she won't live, but then again who does...

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I DO get commission for sales, but only for warranties and stuff. The funny thing is, it seems like I never get a chance to sell anything. You see, we have service plans that include delivery and installation of the computer. Well, I've got our top sales guys selling D and I's (delivery and install) like crazy and then I end up doing the D and I. So they get commision and I loose time on the sales floor. Still, driving around in the tech van is better than dealing with people... but I don't get as many commision sales.

------------------
    lamo mac boy

13. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jakeman:
    I don't do gifts anymore. I don't get anyone anything and they don't get for me.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like I'll have to return that Radeon G4 Cube that I got you for Christmas.

------------------
    "There's a backslash where your colon should be..." -CapitalOne credit card commercial

(Sounds like a personal problem)

14. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    You know all you hipocrites are salivating over all the christmas presents that you are going to get. Christmas isn't so bad, and just because it's an excuse to go out and go crazy at malls, doesn't mean that there aren't people out there don't celebrating it for what it really is. We take the inconviences of corporation exploitation to enjoy the day/s off of work and be with some people you love. Most of you are teenagers so you might not like your parents or your other family, but I barely see mine, so I'm going to go home, gorge on some food, smoke some nice jamaican crypy and take my girlfriend (whose coming down to visit me for new years) out for a damn good time. Don't worry about being sucked of your juices Jakeman, once you go to college you'll have two research papers, a presentation and a final project in photography along with all the other finals in the next two weeks like me and you'll really feel what being drained of your knowledge is like.

15. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    Christmas for me kicks ass, my whole family comes to my house and thankfully most of my family is awsome. The really cool thing about this year is that some of my cousins that live in France are coming and they too, are awsome. I guess the only bad part is that i have to spend over 5 hours in church, but of well i'll live

------------------
    "The most simple way to get a person to laugh is to only say one word, that word is of course, Penis" - The collected works of Jake Maurer (aka Hannibal)

Hitometer: 53,585,365 since 1995