Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Ok, now lets talk Photoshop...

Discussion in 'Graphix' started by Moose, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ok Cow, here it is in here. You're right, it belongs here.

The question was:

I am new to Photoshop and have what may be a simple question. I would like to add a "roll-over" feature to my wesite. If you go to it you will see that I have 4 small portraits of my pets.

http://users.supernet.com/jamesg1

What I want to do is have a gold glow appear around the portrait when the curor rolls over it. Is this a Photoshop feature to use, sort of a two step gif type thing, or a feature built in to GoLive natively?

Any guidance would be great. I am slowly learning to use these programs and will occasonally ask for guidance. Thanks all!

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I don't think this is a Photoshop thing, unless you use something like Fireworks and a multiple layer photoshop image...

Go live or something like that kinda program should be able to do that I believe

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Actually if the rollover isn't animated, just a picture being replaced with a picture, then add onmouseover tag to your a href tag. Tell it to substitute in your other picture.

Ask Jakeman for the code, I'm too lazy.

4. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Copied from the Help forum...

Heh. Again, Rollovers are javascript. Here's another (oh god, not again ) code snippet, taken directly from our site (http://www.broadband-collaborative.com):

<A HREF="who_we_are.html" target="_top" onMouseOver='whowe.src="images/who_we_are_on.gif"' onMouseOut='whowe.src="images/who_we_are_off.gif"'>

You'd replace the references with your stuff, and remove the target because you're not using frames...

5. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    It's built into Golive, heres how to do it:

in the object menu/window thing go to smart (2nd from left)

then drag the little box that says rollover (4th from left) on to the image

then select the image

click on the thing that says over and put the location of the image it is going to rollover to when the mouse is held over it

[Edited by BaleFire on 01-29-2001 at 07:36 PM]

Hitometer: 53,837,010 since 1995