Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Official WoW Expansion Info

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
  2. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I told you the blood elves werent fake!

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Outland = Dimension X

(reference for the uninitiated)

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Outland is Draenor, the Orcs' homeworld, ruined at the end of Warcraft 2's expansion.

Mixed feelings here, we'll see how it all pans out.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  5. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I do not like how they are raising the lvl cap to 70. Once that expansion comes out all the quests I did, all the gold I spent on items, and all the time doing instances will be be made obsolete. I hate to think I spent hours and hours farming items for my lvl 60 Enchanted Thorium set just in time for the expansion to release easy to find lvl 70 items. I have spent way too much time and effort for absolutely nothing.

6. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    So what's the other playable race?

More like many new variations of existing mobs with slightly different levels, colors and names.

Are the two new races both based in the Outland? So that would make three continents? Sounds like a crappy deal for those races since it would probably be a task to get to the other continents to do multi-zone questing. I guess there will be a horde race and alliance race.

Maybe the new horde race will unlock some zones that don't suck ass. Undead were the best race with the best zones, the orc and troll zones were pretty uninspired.

edit - I just read the faq and the new races are on the existing continents, outlands is just a high level zone I guess. That kind of sucks, but at least now the elves aren't so isolated.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    That is the nature of most MMO's. You can't really "win" the game. Instead you play the game to play the game.

You know what would help you to sort through these important issues?

...Orange Mocha Frappuccino! :dance:

8. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    yuk!

9. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Orange mocha frappuccino is crushed by the awesome power of java chip frappuccino.

But then everybody dies from heart attacks.

10. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I totally feel you Agar... the game really shits on people who don't play 24/7 and have a 100-man raid guild behind them.

Check WoWrankings.com, if you want a reason to give up while you're still sane. The top players have spent thousands of hours online... what a waste of mental energy.

11. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Did you guys notice that they are implementing slotted weapons like Diablo?

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    It's a MMO. It isn't fair to hold that fact against WoW.

It sounds like you guys need a different kind of game... one that doesn't require so much of a time commitment to achieve and maintain your goal of being the best. Either that or find a new reason to play that doesn't include the ambitious goal of being the best without putting in the required time in a game where being the best requires lots of time.

Yeah. I assume the Jewelcrafting profession will compliment that.

13. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:

I see something to replace Elbereth's skinning. Since so many others now enchant I've been wondering what she should do.

:cool:

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I imagine jewelcrafting will be similar to enchanting in that it will produce jewels for sockets to enhance items. I was talking to Scorpion the other day and he suspects jewelcrafters will also be able to make rings and amulets.

I am sure there will be a huge jewelcrafing rush at release though. It will be interesting to see how competition balances with the inevitable buying frenzy.

15. Calendryll

Market Rating:
  16. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hmm, so how is the recruiting going? How can I help?

17. Jakeman

Market Rating:
  18. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Are they going to balance the existing endgame dungeons at all to compensate for the level cap raise?

Just curious. Maybe being 70 will make ZG/MC/BWL more accessible to non-hardcore players who rely more on pick-ups (like us). I've never been to MC/BWL, and to ZG only briefly, so I wasn't sure how much the added levels would compensate for errors in the encounters.

19. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Posted by Eyonix-Bizzard mod:

Our efforts as of late have been focused on implementing raid dungeon content which supports a large number of players seeing as this was an aspect of the game we felt was lacking when World of Warcraft initially launched. With that being said, players should be pleased to know that for the expansion - "The Burning Crusade" we plan to emphasize heavily on five-man winged dungeons for both the level up process and what will be considered the new "end game".

This is not to say that we don't plan to continue the development of raid dungeons as we feel strongly that they serve an integral purpose in the game and satisfy players that enjoy working in larger groups to accomplish what are commonly considered goals of a more "hardcore" nature. I've seen several concepts and designs of our upcoming raid and smaller winged dungeons, and as a player I can tell you that I'm most definitely excited. I can't wait until the time is right and I can share additional details.

20. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well Blizzard has been saying all along that WoW would appeal to both casual and hardcore gamers alike, and that you would be able to create and sustain a viable character either way. Hopefully they are sticking to that.

Hitometer: 53,595,353 since 1995