Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

new wow expansion, Cataclysm

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Announced today:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/

In summary, they are overhauling the old world and opening up previously unused zones. New races (Goblins and Worgen). No new classes. Level cap 85.

I read an unconfirmed report that Gnomeregon will be reclaimed for the Gnomes. :D

2. Aryx

Aryx MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    It seems about time that they updated the old zones. Seems like most of em are always empty, except for the few people quickly lvling. I can't WAIT to roll up a gobbo to play as! :D

3. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Resisting. Resisting. Resisting?

4. Wiezzen

Wiezzen Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm very excited about the new expansion.
    But I'm starting to think that Blizzard may go to far this time in the area of making the "too easy".

I believe the majority of players can agree that Vanilla WoW was a little too hardcore, WotLK is too easy, but TBC was just right. Personally, I miss when heroics were actually a challange and required a strategy for pulling mobs that isn't tank and spank.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Heroic Underbog, before the nerf. The Bog Lords would one-shot tanks. That was just right. ;)

I agree though. WotLK is too easy. BC was just right for the dungeons and entry level raid zones, although the high end raid zones were too much, and they went a little crazy with the attunements at first.

Difficulty aside, my main beef with WotLK is the overcomplicated and overdone loot system. They have taken accessibility too far and created a monstrosity. Too many damn badges and tokens. I preferred it when there were no loot abstractions and bosses dropped the actual items.

Hitometer: 53,830,610 since 1995