Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

New story intro...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wulf, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    yay me... finally getting back on the horse... Please read, leave comments...

Do Electric Sheep Dream of Androids?
    A Halo Fan-Fic by Syburwulf

Looking down the shaft, one of the marines I had managed to rescue from the covenant ship dropped a rock. The other two marines look over the edge for a full three minutes before there was a quiet *plink* of the rock hitting bottom. “Well I guess that way is out of the question huh?” a marine named Mouse (no not church mouse mouse, but Moosé) snapped. Having taken a shot to my vocal processor, I couldn’t answer, but shook my head and pointed to a latticework that ran across the length of the shaft at the wall. The marines set out ahead of me while I stripped all the useful material out of the jeep and pushed it over the edge. Slinging the jeeps chain-gun over my back I began the long shuffle to the other side.
    Once on the other side, I motioned for the marines to stay still as I tuned my optics to see the other side of the shaft. My vision swam, and I cursed in my head for not keeping that repair kit longer. I couldn’t see anything so I motioned for the marines to move out. I still had to rescue Cortania from herself, and get off this damned alien rock. We came to a bend in the tunnel and Mark (another of the marines) checked the other side. “Damn, looks like five hunters, three Elites, and about fifteen... no wait twenty grunts...” He said as he pulled back into formation. I motioned that I wanted the marines to back me up by throwing grenades into the Covenant as I covered them with the chain-gun. Unslinging the massive, three-barreled weapon I stepped around the corner and opened fire. Welcome to another day on Halo...
    Waking from my dreams, I looked at the console to see what had caused my systems to restart. That annoying AI Cortania was STILL screaming at me... something about how she could have done everything better if I had just left her there... Stupid AI’s, all the same... hate you when you work for them, and hate you when you do what's best for them. “Ahhh there we are” I breezed as I spotted the proximity warning alarm going off. Maneuvering the fighter away from the floating chunk of what was once the ring planet called Halo, I let myself drift off again into my memories.

2. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    that's cool, I like the title. the story is good, I think I would have to play the game to understand everything, but most of it is fine as a stand-alone. Is there more? is it an intro to a longer story?

YOU BLEW UP HALO!!!!!?????

Last edited: Feb 15, 2002
  3. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    oh, its just the small small intro :)

Hitometer: 53,847,658 since 1995