Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

new iBooks are perty

Discussion in 'Mac' started by Jakeman, May 1, 2001.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    they don't add a second button for simplicity. One button is easier to understand. Two buttons will confuse some people.

Yes, their OS is designed to take advantage of a second mouse button, but it's also streamlined to be fully functional with just one button. You can't say that about Windows.

2. KnifeHim

KnifeHim Peasant

Market Rating:
    I just hope that they aren't like the powerbooks because I bought one and I have so many dents on it when I got a recomended case for it and everything. The next laptop I get I want like 10 feet of plastic around it because at the rate I am going my laptop will become a perminate desktop if I can keep it working when the case goes out.

3. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    Am I that bad in reading specs or is this just a powerbook reduced in size, reduced in memory, and reduced from G4 to G3. And it's like 2k bucks less...

Am I missing something here or is the titanium on the Pbook make it cost so much?

4. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    yes, I mean come on, plastic vs. Titanium, no matter what stress processing you stick on plastic that process will not cost as much as to mold titanium, and a super huge ass LCD, 15" as opposed to 12"...that will jack up the price of anything. Besides..why would you price the two systems closer together? No one would by the less powerful iBook if they could shell out $200 more and get a titanium PB.

5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well, I'm guessing that part of the Ti Powerbook's cost is the screen size. I have no idea whether it actually costs that much more to produce a bigger LCD screen, but if you look at TV's and desktop monitors, the bigger the screen, the bigger the retail price. I love the Ti Powerbook, but the baseline iBook is very cool in its own right, and is more suited to my needs. I am seriously kicking around getting one.

Hitometer: 53,811,461 since 1995