Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

New guild name!

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, May 3, 2000.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    "Monolithic Syndicate - A Mac Diablo2 Guild"

Not only does it sound cool, the definition of the name applies to the rules of the guild. A monolith is an object carved from one stone (this symbolizes oneness and unity). A syndicate is an organization of different groups coming together for one cause. Well, this guild takes all kinds of players (pks, non-pks, team players, solo players, etc.). The different types of players symbolize the different groups of a syndicate all joining a single guild (the syndicate).

So... what do you guys think?

btw, I'm working on a customer cover image for the guild right now.

2. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sounds alright to me...go with it

3. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I'll wait and see if anyone else has suggestions before deciding on a permanent name.

4. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well then, I'd like to make an attempt to rip off William Gibson a bit and suggest Cognitive Dissidents(i think this is spelled wrong so don't shoot me)

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Hmmmm, that sounds pretty good. I also thought of a couple others.

The Cadre (meaning the center/infrastructure, etc.)

The Myriad (meaning the many)

6. The Reaper

The Reaper Unregistered

I like all those names.
    btw, maybe we should have a group of the best players who will be in a small group of non-cheater player killers that assasinate not-so-good players from other guilds. Then take there items and gold bring them back to the guild and we keep them for recovering players or sometimes split them evenly with all the players.
    We could give these people a special name like "The Night Stalkers" or something cool like that.
    So what you guys think of my idea? I, myself think a group like this would kick butt. We would all have more weapons and gold then.

7. The Reaper

The Reaper Unregistered

And all of those guys in that special group would use number names (ex. The reaper would be 2609 or something) while they assasinate other people this way no one would know that we were killing them all they would know was someone called 5682 or something was killing them. This would prevent them of knowing they are from our group and wouldn't kill our players for revenge.
    But these players could never tell they are from our group no matter what.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    That's a cool idea. But I think we should consider leaving the act of pking open to everyone. At some point, if all you're doing is playing the quests and following the game plot, you will get tired of it. In this case, pking is a good change of pace. And I think people would still know what guild their killer was from... I read that all members of a guild have a 3 letter "guild accronym" after their name. So if your name was 2906 and you belonged to the guild then it would show as 2906-CAD (I was thinking of The Cadre as the name). So in my opinion, I think we should just leave the option of prize hunting open to everyone. But that's me. Anyone else have an opinion?

9. The Reaper

The Reaper Unregistered

[​IMG] Yeah I guess we wouldn't need number names then.
    [​IMG] We should have a awesome PKK called the Avenger and if someone kills you, you tell this dude and he avenges your death. That would be cool!

I think we should go with the name "Monolithic Syndicate" or "The Cadre". Any other suggestions?

Hitometer: 53,595,332 since 1995