Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

New DVDs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SpocKirk, Nov 8, 2001.

1. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I just bought Ep. I and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within on DVD.

The Ep. I DVD has a lot of extras, but the problem is, the movie was not that great. The extras rox0r, especially at the end of the deleted scenes documentary. They put in some outtakes with partly rendered gungans that are really funny.

The FF:TSW DVD is pretty cool too. Again, the movie was not the best, but there are lots of extras. My favorites are the Thriller spoof and the outtakes. They also have a lot of documentaries about the animation. There is also a feature that is really cool that takes the whole movie and intersperses storyboards, animatronics, and popup facts (like inside jokes and character info like the sign of the zodiac, birthdate, and stuff like that) in with the whole movie.

2. Zephor

Zephor Peasant

Market Rating:
    i bought akira on dvd does that count?

3. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    what do you think about it? Are there any extras?

4. Aryx

Aryx MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I got Final Fantasy as well yesterday. I personally loved that movie ( probably because I have every FF released in the US so far :p ) and was very surprised that it didn't do as well as I thought it would. How did you get the Thriller spoof to work SpocKirk?

5. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    second disk, root menu, second option, right button on remote, down button on remote, play or enter. you get a little storyboard of something, looks like a restaurant or something, after it's done playing (you can fast forward if you want to) it comes up at the features menu witha little box in the corner that is animated. push play or enter and it will play the thriller music video.

It's funny, even funnier if you have already seen the original Thriller with Michael Jackson (can be found on the server).

That's how I got it. It can't be called an easter egg because it is mentioned on the box, but it was a pretty difficult feature to get to. There is one on the first disk, too.

6. Zephor

Zephor Peasant

Market Rating:
    there are some stuff on the second dvd that i never really bothered to watch

7. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    i hated FF:TSW and i'm a big square fan......well, i used to be anyways....i think their current games only sell because of the success of their previous games, and the 6 month ad campaigns they've succumbed to

8. Zephor

Zephor Peasant

Market Rating:
    better than westwood and their 6 page ad for renegade

Hitometer: 53,558,612 since 1995