Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

New Content Patch Available

Discussion in 'News' started by Haite, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

Blizzard has just released their latest content patch for World of Warcraft, which had been tested by select high level characters on a private realm over the past several weeks.

Blizzard highlighted several key features of the patch on the World of Warcraft community site, including the new dungeon, Dire Maul, outdoor raid encounters, UI improvements, class improvements, and meeting stones.

The full patch notes are available here.

2. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    OMG, Sweetness!

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    <patch> :hump:

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    92%. Looks like I won't be getting on tonight. Need sleep soon.

5. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Just wondering........I get the patches before most people because I download it from a friend. If you want I could put the patches here on the forums so you could immediately have it. Do you have this set up so I can do this and if so, how? They are .exe files so not sure you will allow it.

Jakeman likes this.
  6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    The post attachment system isn't meant for files larger than a couple megs. But thanks for offering.

My download finished, and I logged on for a bit just to test stuff. Mage Armor is cool, as are the new default interface enhancements. If Blizzard adds self cast and a left action bar, then I won't need any mods.

7. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Mage Armor isn't as good as I'd hope. The regen helps but other than that I'd prefer Ice Armor for freezing and slowed attacks. I thought that Blizz/Frost mages were gonna be nerfed but apparently it's the opposite, they got even better. The chill from Improved Blizz now resets every time it hits so after they leave my Blizz, they're still slowed for another 4.5 sec. I also noticed that the freeze effects procs more now and 40-70% of the mobs in a grp that rushes me gets frozen by it. So I can cast 3 Blizz instead of just 2 now before they even get to me.

Bad part about the patch: they nerfed mages in general. I noticed that I don't have as much mana/hp as I did before the patch.
    Before patch: 2450 hp/ 5700 mana
    After patch: 2260 hp/ 5475 mana

Same equipment. I haven't bought/sell anything or even change my equipment at all.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  8. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Nvm. Apparently they saw their mistake and did a server reset. My mage has the normal hp/mana now.

9. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
  10. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I can have 45% mana regen all the time because I have the arcane talent that grants 15% regen all the time. I imagine it will make a big difference when I am in groups and not tanking.

Hitometer: 53,581,635 since 1995