Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

new beta server

Discussion in 'Shadowbane' started by Jakeman, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    'Deception' characters can be created now, but can't be played until tomorrow. Good idea to alleviate the latency caused by 500 characters all being created at the same time (all those character files being saved on the server simultaneously :eek: ).

2. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    hehe... "I'm just a cook!!" "Then you die!"

My tree will protect me.

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    :D I followed the level rush up to level 10 this morning, then stopped. At the time there were 2 people level 12, so I wasn't too far off. I made a Shade Rogue and promoted to Assassin, but I'm reading that the class isn't very viable, so I may scrap and remake.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have a level 14 assassin using dual daggers. He's really lame, not lame as in stupid, but lame as in a lame duck. He doesn't attack fast enough to justify the damage penalty, and the lag often makes me attack just as fast as if I was using a polearm anyways.
    He does have a cool backstab skill, but it only lasts for ten seconds and you have to be in sneak. Retarded, it should require sneak mode but it should last for the duration of sneak with a ten second cooldown or something, having to keep casting it with a huge cost is pathetic.
    He does have a cool frost spell, but that's more for the mage based assassin and not fighter.

I like archers and furies the most.

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I have a Wizard on Carnage, they're the uber PvM class this build, their pet (which you get at 10) can solo mobs easily.

6. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    bleh. im just going to play aerynth. lag sucks everywhere, might as well play where everyone is :p I have a level 17ish thief named Autolycus.

Hitometer: 53,597,598 since 1995