Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Neverwinter Nights

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jedsia, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've started playing again, mostly since diablo is getting old and we're still waiting for the patch. Does anyone else here play? The mac version is still not released, but been playing on hubby's PC.

Has anyone tried mutli-player or downloading a module? I'm still kicking around Chap 1 (mostly cause I can't make up my mind between a rogue or ranger). If anyone wants to get together for a game, that'd be cool. Either the built in story or there are alot of fairly simple modules available for download, wouldn't have to be a 5 chapter, 100 hour campaign.

Know they don't have a server, but can't ya just get the IP address and dp TCP/IP or playing through Game Ranger? Never tried multi so I'm not sure. guess I should look into it.

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I have the game but it's not installed. I'd consider installing it, although I'm a little iffy about messing with new games while school is on, they're a big distraction. Also, multiplayer only has two options: either LAN or through their internet game service. It shouldn't be a problem to host a private game though.

3. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    If you consider school is on almost all the time, you won´t get much time to play new games at all.

4. Texxas

Texxas Peasant

Market Rating:
    As soon as Neverwinter is Mac ready I'll be getting it. A couple of days ago I read an update that said there is a new 'problem' with getting the Mac port finished. Another delay...boo. Oh no...I said boo!!! Everytime I see that word I hear 'Go for the eyes boo, go for the eyes'...haha. Too many hours spent playing Shadows of Amn.

Texxas

5. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I love how NWN was supposed to be a hybrid release, and now it's been almost a year and the mac version is still not out.
    If it'll run on my Powerbook I may pick up the mac version so hubby and I can play together.

I'd play BG2, but the mac version seems to have screwed up my dvd-rom drive in my powerbook and now I'm afraid to put it back in. My drive worked fine till I tried BG2, but now it spins up like crazy and sometimes spits out cd's while I'm playing. I can't use burned discs at all, my drive goes crazy. I got d2 lod working and i refuse to take the disc out, cause if I do, I'll have to go through tons of reboots before my computer figures out I can use a cd. At least till I fork out the money for a new drive (maybe a DVD/CD-RW combo drive). Don't think PC and Mac can play together on BG2 either, which sucks.

I've decided to go with a rogue for NWN for now, plan to use alot of dodge and evade type feats and make her a hit em quick and get out quicker type of character. Maybe if we can ever get a clan game together may try a ranger again.

6. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I tend to do swordsmen with the exotic weapons skill because those swords are PIMP

7. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    European school is a little different from American school as far as holidays and breaks go. Between school years we get three months off in the summer, which is enough for me to try new games. I imagine once I'm in university I'll be playing a lot more, but for the time being I'm up at 6:00 and home at 3:30, which is way too long if you ask me. Just ask cow, his first lecture on Tuesdays and Thursdays isn't until 12:30.

8. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Like those double-bladed swords, Darth Maul style? :p

9. Wulf

Market Rating:
    YOu betcha... I just hate controlling NPC's so this is perfect

10. Wulf

Market Rating:
    heh... when I was in highschool I would leave at 6:20 AM and get back at 9:00 PM... pansy :p

11. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I made an elven Sorceress who I'm multi-classing with Rogue. She has a panther familiar. :drool:
    one reason I wanted to play a ranger was to get an animal companion. But wizards/sorcs can have familiars, at level one, and in NWN, the familiars are cool. My panther can detect traps, move silently and has sneak attack. Great pet for my sorc/rogue. :D This could be a fun character.

12. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    We get about 2 months off in the summer, I´m up at 7:30 (school begins 8:15) and school ends between 2:30 and 4:00 (or 14:30 and 16:00 as I would like to write it), we´ve got 2-3 weeks off during christmas/new year and about 3 other week-long holidays.

13. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    School in Canada is very simular.

14. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'll play! Well as soon as I get my router and soundcard for my new Peecee. I'll play a druid if we really are going to have clan games, I love druid and rouge ever since D&D 2E :) Oh yah, maximized call lighting hehehe. One thing I really hate about NWN though is how they messed up paladin. How's a paladin suppose to smite evil when he can't even detect evil?!?! And where the heck is my griffin mount? Sigh....and there's no "real" robe and cloak, only those weird cloth that looks like short shorts. Btw, there's going to be a NWN expansion you know?

15. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    nice thing about nwn is the expandibility. We could even make our own campaign if we had someone who wanted to take the time to do it.

Bioware could just release new modules for sale besides the downloadable ones and maybe improve the engine here and there, but the possibilties are endless. I'd love to see a Dragonlance module. Forgotten Realms is fun, but other modules could be incorporated.

Or Ravenloft :D
    Or Planescape :D

16. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    We might be getting a peecee, I´ll get NWN then. I might be able to play.

17. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    yes - it is Moose

I'lll play! I am still kicking it around in Chap myself. I have a level 7 monk atm, going smooth, and I am willing to do whatever you all want for multiplayer games on this. It has been an amusing game thus far!

18. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Re: yes - it is Moose

Moose, you cheeseball.

19. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Bite me!!!

20. Clouded Mind

Clouded Mind Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hint

I have a Question (You guys and or girls are probally gunna laugh at me)! What is Never WinterNight?

Hitometer: 53,594,039 since 1995