Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Needed - Shield

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Sparhawk, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Do 6 socket shields exist in the game? If so, I'd like to get one that has a fairly high block on it already (like 60%+). I've got 5 eld runes and some PDiamonds and what I'd like to do is get a high block shield with good resists. Maybe 2/4 or 3/3 eld/diamond combos. Am I full of shit for thinking about trying this?

2. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    4 sockets is the maximum for a shield. Monarch shields (elite kite shield) are the popular favorite for doing the 4 diamond thing.

Another option is to shop for a magic shield with the "chromatic" prefix (up to +35% resist all) then use a socket quest, praying for 2 sockets. That gives you potentially 71% resist all on a shield that you can buy with some patience. My choice for this option: elite bone shield or elite spiked shield from anya. If you're really patient you could get a "cromatic" (elite shield) of "deflecting" - for a nice +20% block.

By the way, I would advise using diamonds instead of "eld" in almost all cases. You can match the paltry +block of an "eld" with a little extra dex, but resists you have to work at to get on your gear (unless you have tons of "um" runes kicking around :D)

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    My shield has 5 sockets.

4. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    hmm, max is supposed to be 4 according to arreat summit. The item either spawns with 4 (elite shields) or with the jewelers prefix (I think it is jewelers that gives 4).

So how did you swing 5? do you have a screenshot for us?

5. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Oops, sorry. I had a socketed runeword shield, thought it had a 5 rune combination. It was actually 2.

So no, I don't have and have never seen more than a 4.

Hitometer: 53,589,370 since 1995