Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

My whereabouts

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Alteren, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    First of all, sorry for the sudden abscence. Here's what's happeninig in my world.

I moved to Wildhammer, because I thought I needed a fresh start. I quickly realized that no mater what I was gonna do in WoW, I was going to have to spend a lot of time doing it. At this stage of my life, I can't afford that.

To make a long story short, my WoW subscription runs out next week, and I don't plan on renewing it.

I've done some research, and I'm going to try GuildWars. it sounds mroe felixble, and most agree it's far less of a time crunch. If that doesn't work out, I'm probably out of the MMO world for good.

Even if GW doesn't work out forme, there's no subscription fee, so there isn't all that mucht o lose by giving it a go.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to you guys. You were great, and I promise to pop in on he forums and say hi....let you know how I'm doign in GW....and such :-).

I hope the money I sent helped someone somehow. That was half my net worth in game gold I sent to Jaden....as he knows, I wasn't exactly rich :).

Good luck to all of you guys, and sorry I'm not with you all anymore.

-Alt, but heck you can call me "Greg"....you've all earned it :-)

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Good luck Greg. Was fun to have you around the short time you were here. If you ever decide to come back to WoW look us up.

:wave:

3. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Sorry to hear your leaving WoW. If you wanna play a game that's totally free, that is not needing to buy a client or subscribtion fees, I recommend downloading www.silkroadonline.net

You get to do FFA PvP when you hit 20, with consequences(spelling) depending on your job. It's soloable to endgame I believe. I'm only 20 at the moment.

Learning the UI will be kinda confusing if your used to WoW. I play on the Aege server, my name on it is _Kaname_ hit me up for some beginning gold if you gonna play. Our old friend Ledmirage also plays here.

It took me awhile to figure out to whisper since the whole world plays this game and different languages are abound so it's kinda hard to figure out who speaks english. For example if your gonna whisper me it's $_Kaname_ and your message.

Good luck to you Alt, was nice having someone relieve Agar of his MT duties =)

Some sceenies if J will allow non-WoW screenies. The one with the rain was a character I had to delete.. Like I said learning the game without a manual, was kinda difficult =)

Oh and if you run out of your initial 3 characters learning the game create a new account because it takes 7 RL days to delete a character. Also be quick with your looting since loot falls off the mob and can be ninja. Item colors go white = uncommon blue = rare yellow = epics by WoW standard. I had a level 1 yellow ninja from me that coulda sold for 100k gold.

Since this is a Korean game sometimes what the NPC's say would make you go WTF, if your not used to broken english. =) Apologies to the TL,DR people out there. =P

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  4. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    OMG! I h4xorz those screenies in. =)

5. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Farewell from another Greg.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Later, good luck.

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Aren't all those free mmorpgs just awful lineage clones?

8. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Good luck Greg! We'll miss you! :( Don't be a stranger. Hope all goes well.

9. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    Guild Wars, although not a true MMO in either longevity or content, is a great game. You will definitely enjoy it especially if you enjoy PvP at all. I played it for quite awhile when I was taking a break from FFXI and found it to be very refreshing in many ways. If you would like any "startup" gear or help in the early game feel free to send me a PM. I still log on occasionally.

Take care

10. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm having fun in there so far.

Hitometer: 53,855,429 since 1995