Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

My Little Slump :)

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Alteren, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    My mage is level 22 now. For the most part, it's been very fun. However, I had a little period during level 21 where I had some serious surviability issues. I knew goign in I would need to avoid taking hits, and I knew I wouldn't be "survivable" in general.

I just started havign really more serious problems than normal. I know this could be because I need to L2P a mage :-). I did start throwing a lot more mana shield into my usual routine, for mobs with ranged attacks, and it helps a little.

The point is this. I was trying to have a 60 before the expansion, and you can see this guy is already a good ways along. Is there anyone here who thinks I should roll up a different class and start working on that? Should I stick it out with my mage?

Thanks in advance guys.

EDIT: I should note that my second choice for a class, at this point, probably woudln't get me to 60 before the expansion.

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well hard for me to know what you need to L2P without knowing what you're doing currently. What situations are you finding difficult?

3. Alteren

Market Rating:
    Physical ranged attackers are really a huge difficulty at the moment.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Mana shield absorbs physical range and prevents spell interruptions against those attacks while active.

5. Alteren

Market Rating:
    When I started using that, things got better. I guess this really is just a little slump and I should probably stick to mage :-)

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    It's also worth noting that physical ranged attacks have a minimum range. Something a clever mage can use to his/her advantage. (Like owning Hunters in PvP... oh yeah Haite I'm talking to you, arenas are coming biotch.)

7. Alteren

Market Rating:
    Thanks everyone.

I'm stickign with the mage.

1. It's my best chance to get to 60 before the expansion.
    2. I grew out of a little n00bness from the past few days and started using more of my spells, more running around, better escaping, and I just leveled to 24 and got counterspell.

Anyway, it's fun again and looking up. I'm obviously no expert yet, but I'm starting to play it better :-)

8. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Yeah, my team's going to smoke the competition :p

Hitometer: 53,589,394 since 1995