Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Moving on

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Just wanted to break the news here first, I spent the evening talking with Dominari and Kakarot about joining Bellum Gero, and I've decided to take the plunge. Honestly not sure how it will go, I may end up hating it or not being able to maintain the schedule, and be back with my hat in my hand in a few weeks, but we'll see. As much as they will be evaluating me during my trial period, I will also be evaluating them, and if I'm not having fun I won't stick. I'm ready for bigger, badder content; loot is nice but not truly what I am after, I must be enjoying myself in the process.

I'll log on tomorrow to say good bye, but I will be joining their Fri night MC clear, and I must /gquit prior to that. Whether my alts stay in MSC I'll leave up to J and the other officers. I would like to keep them here but I'll understand if that is not acceptable.

I've had a blast playing with all of you, and if you ever need me in game give a shout and I will try my hardest to be there for you. Good luck in and out of game, and I will see you around Azeroth.

Lurk (Jeff)

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    gl

Bellum tried to recruit me. They invited me along but wouldn't let me loot until I joined. I hate those recruiting gimmicks.

3. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Good luck Lurk. I'm sure we will see you around pimping out your epics. :D

4. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Good luck man.

5. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    g/l from me as well.

6. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Good Luck and don't forget to brag about MSC!!

7. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think my guild is probably the only one that allows apps and recruits to loot. It is a waste to have loot nobody want get DE'd when someone else that helps out can use it. We also don't charge dkp if they haven't been tagged. Of course once they get our tag on them they get charged otherwise anything they get before being tagged are free of charge. Most of our new members usually go into the negatives because no one wanted the loot because everyone in my guild are dkp whores. Some of the recent recruits are lucky enough to get tier 2.5 without being charged dkp for it since they weren't tagged at the time because most would rather save for tier 3 than get charged dkp for a slight upgrade (lucky bastards). But yeah, that recruiting gimmick is lame IMO. You are helping out in the raid and yet you are denied any loot for not being tagged.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I agree, but I've been told by BG that my "non-loot" status will last at least 2 weeks, but could be longer depending on my performance (or lack thereof). I'll know a lot more about how I'll fit in after I raid with them.

In a way I understand, you don't want loot whores showing up and then quitting once they have what they want. As I said, loot is not my primary focus, but that doesn't mean I won't get a little teary-eyed if I have to watch Netherwind get DE'd. :D

I guess they can justify it by saying they need Nexus Crystals for Naxx attunement.

9. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    /cry

There goes one piece of the perfect 5-man group.

10. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    OMG! you loot whore, just when i get back from vacation you leave. =P good luck to you in the raiding scene.

11. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    You're back? Well if I had known that...

Hitometer: 53,590,056 since 1995