Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

More Digo goodness

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Scorpion is right. I am a conflicted, undeserving twink who is too stubborn to realize that joining a raid guild is the only way to advance in the game. I have clearly failed to advance thus far and have resorted to living off of the good will of others to twink me through the game.

2. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    yeah, you ass. :fist:

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Oh that's crap. You've never bought a BoE from the AH when it was fairly priced, you had the money for it, and it was an upgrade for your character? If not, your loss. Live with your pride at having "earned" all your items then. Some things are BoE for a reason.

The only real bitching I hear from the "community" about twinking is from level 29s who prefer to stay in the 20-29 BGs (instead of levelling up and PvPing like men). They get all pissy when a 29 shows up who's clearly been outfitted by a rich high-level character. This too, I say, is perfectly legit, and I would do the same if I was inclined to participate in low level PvP.

4. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Ok, so Blizzard should of never put in the AH then, because everyone that uses it is a twink. Using you logic there all raiders are twinks also because they in fact are just raiding to get better gear as people who go hunt mobs, do trade skills for gold that was implemented in the game to buy better gear on the AH to..... wait for it...................... to advance their character.

5. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    So why is it that all the superior items are BoP and all the second-rate items are BoE? The AH is there to facilitate exchange since items that are put in the AH are items that they can't use or it's inferior to their current gear. Yes I do use the AH to equip my alts to help level faster because I don't do instances while I'm leveling. This is why it usually takes me only 8-10 playing days to get a char from 1 to 60.

Anyways what I'm seeing happening is Jake is the GM of this guild and yet he goes and buys a spot in another guild in order to get his items. This is like him saying I'm gonna get my items and the other MSCs can go screw themselves. I remember when Jake gave back the Arcanist bracer even though he won it but I guess things have changed.

In a sense I'm pretty glad that the set items after T2 are quests items. It will make it so that people will have to raid to get their set since you need certain requirements to get them even though you can burn out when you raid too much. And with the 25-man limit in the expansion, this will definitely weed out slackers and bad players from good ones.

6. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    i remember the reason why he gave it back was because he wasnt going to use it. anyways, if J wants to take the time to do this, so be it. this has gotten ridiculous and stupid. you each have your views and have stated them fully, and neither of you is going to change your stance so it is pointless to continue this argument.

7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    A guild can be a social network. Jake isn't obligated to not raid just because MSC is a casuals group.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Scorpion is right. I am a selfish person that has left you all out to dry. I never help guildies or give back to the guild. I only do things that benefit me.

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I find it interesting that you advocate leaving MSC to an alt GM:

...while at the same time you imply that I should be doing no such thing:

10. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Perhaps you should be careful what you wish for.

11. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Something wrong with people who enjoy the game without feeling obligated to "master" it to some standard only achieved by those who play 20 hours a day?

Games are not jobs. Nobody is obligated to get good if they don't want to. Jake did everything pretty much on his own, without abusing a guild bank or being twinked by anyone... calling a Casual loot run a twink is unfair because he earned the gold to pay for it himself. Blizzard rewards time invested more than skill, really.

12. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    QFT

13. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I used to think that meant "quit ****ing talking."

14. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    QFT :p