Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

mephisto chronicles

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Wran, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    OK I took Jesse up on his challenge and timed my mephisto runs. I found that I could just tele in level 3 without killing anything but mephisto. I wanted to be scientific and timed each run.

Run1: 5 minutes stealskull
    Run2: 2 minutes set dusk shroud (adherent)
    Run3: 2 minutes rare mage plate sold
    Run4: aborted bad map 1 minute
    Run5: 4 minutes sigon's greaves abandoned
    Run6: 6 minutes IK gloves
    Run7: 3 minutes rare sharktooth sold
    Run8: 2 minutes rare wand/head sold
    Run9: 2 minutes elite sword abandoned
    Run10: 2 minutes trash
    Run11: 5 minutes trash
    Run12 4 minutes trang's armor

Now full and need to mule. I'll put the trang's/IK gloves/dusk shroud on the clan mule...

Total time 37 minutes 11 completed runs,
    stealskull great
    IKgloves/trangs/dusk shroud not bad

How's that?

Wran

Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  2. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes, that qualifies as fast for me. Kudos to you Wran. I'm actually jealous. :nod:

3. Plasma

Plasma Peasant

Market Rating:
    hello wran, thats great! :)
    i'd like to know (basically so i can make one of my own)
    how you made that sorceress, ive got items and all that easily, but how many points did you put into hydra? I'd rather be a Blizzard sorceress, i hear that they are extremely powerful against bosses. so if you could just reach my online sometime that would be great, youve got my account :)

Plasma

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Meteor always worked best for Mephisto. You can lure him down to a place where you can attack him with meteor but you're just outside of his visible range.

5. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    I do the same thing with hydra. You cross the gap and run to mephisto. Mephisto chases you, and you tele across the gap again. When you can barely see Mephisto, you stand there and cast hydras. He can't attack you and just runs back and forth and gets killed.

I had a meteor sorc, and she does more damage, but hydra is better for me because you can cast it at the edge of your vision and it will attack monsters beyond the edge of the screen before they can attack you.

I love cold orb because you can direct the damage towards your enemies. I never had a blizzard sorc, so I can't comment on its effectiveness. I know Jedsia used to use a blizz sorc.

My point distribution:

cold orb/cold mastery maxed
    hydra/fire mastery maxed

1 point in warmth, 1 point static, 1 point energy shield, rest of points in telekinesis.

You have to get a good merc (cold aura, act 2 is what I use), then he will be what keeps you alive. I choose to have him use the impaler, which is pretty easy to get because it ignores target defense. He slows down the cold immune monsters so this is critical for me, since cold orb can handle most monsters, but the cold immunes are tough.

6. Plasma

Plasma Peasant

Market Rating:
    awesome wran, thanks much :)

7. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    --One other think I forgot about my build: don't forget to put a point in frozen armor or whatever that armor is that freezes enemies when they hit you (melee and not ranged). This is very important when you start teleporting. If they get frozen for a split second before attacking again, then it gives you time to run away/tele before getting hit again.

I found it most effective to run before teleporting if you get caught in a big pack of monsters. Usually you will get hit before you can finish your teleport if there are many monsters around you and you will eventually die. By running away from the pack before teleporting, you can run away from the frozen monsters and then teleport away.

I have a 5 button mouse so I can switch between attacks and teleport right away and leave my left hand to handle potions.

You will have to practice hitting and retreating with teleport to keep yourself and your merc alive.

e.g. cast spell-static-static-teleport back, cast spell-static-static-teleport etc...

It's not a hack and slash character and it takes some effort to keep alive. You have to retreat often and cast hydras to break up and kill packs and move forward slowly.

--Well, hell difficulty is hard for most characters so no matter what class you are, it will probably take patience.

Wran

Hitometer: 53,855,181 since 1995