Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

maybe I ought to

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dapork, Dec 1, 2004.

1. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    maybe I ought to introduce myself since I haven't been here in a long time. my name is homer but you can call me pork or dapork. I used to play diablo 2 with some of the people on this board. I'm a college student in greece and I came back here for two reasons: 1, I'm probably gonna buy a new computer, and 2, we all need a message board to call home... and I recently quit a "dc ska" board that focused on music in washington (where I used to live) because everything just got so stupid.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    what's your major?

3. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    welcome back! and what are you doing in Greece?

4. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'll follow MisterHalleck's question with...you like the Pietasters then? (Annapolis here, wife loves ska...she's friends with the Planet Smashers, and Chris Murray, if you know them -- Canadian Ska).

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Hola!! Long time...

6. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    hah I'm sorry. I took off again cause I got turned off by some thread a while back. I just came to check what was going on here and now I feel I oughta answer you guys.

I have nothing written down yet, but I'm basically following the path of a philosophy major right now, in terms of the classes I'm taking. I think I posted my schedule in a schedule thread a while back.

I'm in greece learning my dad's language. I always felt ashamed coming here and not being able to communicate. I also like to tell people when I'm in america but then I was faced with the dilemma of not being able to answer "say this: _____ in greek"

I've only heard one pietasters song, and that was only cause all the people on that board were into them. otherwise I don't really listen to ska unless you consider sublime ska.

anyway, sorry for briefly snubbing you guys. I'll probably check back from time to time

7. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    No, Sublime is Dub. But Bradley's been dead for a long time. Have you ever picked up his bandmates albums (Long Beach Dub Allstars). Not as good, but still pretty fun music.

8. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    It's all Greek to me! hahahahahahahahahahahaha..... erm....

sorry.

For some reason, I am very interested in languages (I am mostly interested in French, Latin, Spanish, German and Japanese). I guess I am bored with English and want to get to know some other languages. I have started listening to music in other languages like Slovenian (Cyrillic-based, I think), German, Spanish (Mexican, South American), Indian, and Japanese.

9. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I thought they were Long Beach Short Bus, now

10. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I can't keep up with all these name changes :)

11. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    wow I never knew "dub" was an actual type of music. but yeah, I've had a cd from the long beach dub allstars for quite a while. never much cared for it though. I liked both the bass and drums in sublime, but brad nowell was, to me, the talent behind it all. and when I tell people I like sublime I really mean brad nowell's songs. so was it both the remaining guys who joined that band or just the drummer?

anyway, ain't like I have a profound interest in languages. I was forced to learn french when I was young, and I hate having to learn greek. otherwise, I don't care much for learning anymore. after greek I'll be complacent. cause if I ever come across some italians or spanish speakers I can be like "whatever, I speak GREEK"........

12. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    You could go to St. Johns College in Sante Fe and learn some really old languages like Sanskrit. I'm sure that would be fun to tell people.

13. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    I actually looked a St. Johns. It's a cool curriculum if you're into the literature/writing thing. But it seemed a little intense for me and I wimped out.

14. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    The Sante Fe campus, or the oringinal campus in Annapolis? I'm trying to apply there myself (Annapolis Campus obviously) But my current job has sort of taken away my voice and I'm struggling with putting words to the paper again.

Hitometer: 53,850,303 since 1995