Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Maraudon dramarama

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I forgot to post about this, good story...

A few weeks ago I joined a Maraudon group in IF. We make our way over to Desolace and into Maraudon. We die on the first mob inside of the orange instance because we have no hunter for nature resist. I point out that we need a hunter if we are going to beat the instance, and I tell them that a hunter in my guild is online (Calendryll). A rogue in our group volunteers to leave the group to make room for Calendryll (wow, nice of him).

Calendryll begins making his way over to Desolace. While we are waiting, 2 people in the group leave without giving a reason. Darn, we need 2 more people now. I begin spamming for more people. Then another one leaves because it is taking too long to get more people. Now it is just Calendryll and I in the group.

I continue to spam for a few more minutes, then I see the rogue from our group (the one who volunteered to leave) pop out of the instance gate. He said he found another group, so I offer to combine groups if he has room. He explains that he blamed me for making him leave the group (even though he volunteered), and so he secretly recruited people out of my group to spite me.

I explain to him the misunderstanding. He starts getting cocky and rubbing it in. I procede to message the people in their group and explain how it was rude to just leave without an explanation, and that they should have just told me and I would have been fine with it. In a friendly and un-offended tone, I give a long lecture via /tell about manners, etc. I get 2 of them to ignore me right away... too easy. That leaves one more person.

Calendryll and I go back to IF, fill up our group, and then go back to Maraudon. When we get there I see one of the people in that group spamming the general chat for more people. Apparently some of their group members left. I message him and explain that he should have told me they had room before I went and filled up my group... we could have combined groups. He seemed annoyed for some reason.

We go into the instance and clear everything within a couple hours. When we get out I see that same person spamming for more people. I guess they never got a good group going. I message him and tell him not to worry about me since we just finished the entire instance. I wish him luck in finding a good group. Once again he seemed annoyed.

When I get back to IF, I send mail messages to the 3 people who bailed to the other group. I explain again about manners and tell them not to worry since my new group finished the entire instance.

When dealing with people who are trying to grief me, I always respond by being overly friendly and oblivious to their mal intent. This can be highly effective and usually makes people ignore me. But in this case, the fact that I ended up finishing the instance anyways while they got a taste of their own medicine was icing on the cake.

pwnt

2. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Serves them right. Honestly I thought I had done something to make everyone leave at first. You are more calm than I am.

3. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    ...and heap burning coals upon their heads

4. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    haha

5. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    You're just evil. I like it.