Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Mages

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Alteren, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I started my Mage, now level 37, right at the very start of massive amounts of complaints on the official WoW forums about counterspell being put on the global cooldown.

Now a few other things have happened (molten armor, emp. fireball, elemental precision). Granted I don't considering reducing something in beta a nerf, that's not the point here :-).

I plan on sticking with my mage. Despite my little slump, I've really grown to enjoy it. On most mobs, I can effectively negate the "glass" of the "glass cannon" through various techniques. Sure, that's not how most measure effectiveness, but it's godo enough for me :-).

Things have a way of working out. There are challenges to every class, and I think anyone on there who thinks rolling a warlock will make their life SOOOO much easier.....well, i'll just say I disagree with that. Having leveled one a little bit (45), I at least know enough to feel comfortable saying that it is a different playstyle. I don't agree with it, but obviously what others do is not up to me, and I would never judge a person based on the above :-)

Who knows what will happen in the future anyway?

At the very least, it's not something to quit the game over, which is the action some claim they will take. I don't judge, but if nerfs to a class make someone quit the game altogether, then they problem weren't having fun in the first place :-).

Whiel I don't agree with drastic actions, some concern is certainly understandable. What do you guys think about the changes mages have been going through? I'm guessing most of you will probably stay with it and at the very least won't quit the game, but do you guys feel shafted/cheated in any way?

Sorry for the monster post :-).

- Greg

PS: Through selling my potions and making better use of the AH on this guy, I will have more than enough for my mount (over 100g at the moment :-)). How are red mechanostriders? Should I go with green? :-)

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Don't put too much stock in what you read on the WoW mage forums. Most of the posters there are just whiney babies.

Nah. I like to bitch sometimes (mainly just to bug Autolycus), but overall I think the mage is a pretty well designed class. Are there some things I would tweak if I could? Sure. But to say I've been cheated, or that Blizzard has something against our class? That's a little over the top.

The problem with the typical forum poster is that they relate everything to PvP. The truth is that Mages are a VERY difficult PvP class to play well. Lowest margin for error by far, due to our fragility. That said, PvP has made me a better player all around, and I don't think that's true of all classes. I've seen good PvP warriors that absolutely suck as tanks.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  3. Alteren

Market Rating:
    Oh I know. If I sounded like I was putting any stock in it, I wasn't :-). I was just trying to see what actual, intillegent people thought about changes :-)

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I don't like the nerf to elemental precision, but it's not a big deal. The forum mages are just whiney babies (jinx).

5. Alteren

Market Rating:
    Thanks guys. I really enjoy it (way past the slump :-)). It's now getting to the point where I feel I'm much better doing this than I was at being a warrior :-).

- Greg

PS: Hopefully I can show all of you a shiny, new mount soon.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Soon I am going to create a forum called "Alteren". :eek:

Hitometer: 53,597,621 since 1995