Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Macro: mount

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Jakeman, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I created this macro to automatically equip my "mounted speed" items and then to call my mount:

/script PickupContainerItem(4, 16); PickupInventoryItem(11); PickupContainerItem(4, 15); PickupInventoryItem(5); PickupContainerItem(4, 14); PickupInventoryItem(8); UseContainerItem(0, 4);

You can add a macro by hitting "escape" in the game and clicking the "Macro" button in the menu. Create a new macro, select an icon, and enter the commands you want it to execute.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This macro swaps in my carrot, gloves (with speed enchant), then boots (with spurs). You can match up the container and inventory numbers by looking at the pictures and macro code above. Lastly, this macro "uses" my mount with the UseContainerItem(0, 4) command. My mount is located in the top right slot in my main backpack (container 0, slot 4).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Very nice, I may have to pirate this (not that I need to yet). I guess you have to remember to leave your stuff in the same spots in your bags. Do you also have a macro to demount and replace your combat items?

edit: How are the character slots numbered? I'm having trouble figuring out how the glove slot ends up being 5.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  3. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Yes, the items need to be in a dedicated place in your bags.

The same macro works for both mounting and dismounting. Click it once to equip those items and to mount up. Click it again to perform the swap again (equip the old items) and to dismount (use your mount again). When you swap items, the old inventory items are stored in the same place as the "mount speed" items, so the same swap works both ways.

Be aware that things can get "out of sync" when you are automatically dismounted by being hit or riding over a "no mount" area. When you automatically dismount, it does not automatically perform the item swap. In that case you can just click the macro again followed by an immediate interruption of the "mounting action" (e.g. jumping or moving) which will perform the swap and cancel the final "mount action".

No idea. I had to test it by calling the PickupInventoryItem() function by itself with different parameters. By itself it will just "pickup" an item. Then you can manually put it back.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I assume the bottom row of weapons is 1-4, right side items are 5-12, left side items are 13-20.

5. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Very, very nice. Is there a way to make a chat-spam advertizement for items in your inventory as well?

and what gear are you wearing Jake? That staff looks rather uber.

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I don't know how to script a "shift click" yet. Google might know... there are lots of "WoW macro" links out there.

I have bought / farmed / won several new items in the last couple of weeks. I will show you when I see you online.

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    New mount macro for 2.0:

Code:
    /script PickupContainerItem(4, 18); PickupInventoryItem(13); PickupContainerItem(4, 17); PickupInventoryItem(10); PickupContainerItem(4, 16); PickupInventoryItem(8);
    /use Black Battlestrider
    /use Black War Steed Bridle
    /use Black War Ram
    /use Reins of the

Note that in 2.0 you can't "use" a specific slot. You have to name the item. This forces you to manually list all mounts that you might use, just as I have done above.

Btw, the inventory numbers in my first post are wrong, but the macro worked anyways because the system was forgiving. This one has the correct inventory numbers.

8. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:

that macro should work with just the /use <name of mount item here>

i use this one on my rogue to dismount -> stealth -> cheapshot

Code:
    /cast [nomounted, nostealth] Stealth; [nomounted] Cheap Shot 
    /use [mounted] Red Skeletal Warhorse 

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    That is exactly what I do in mine. But I do it multiple times to cover all possible mounts I might be carrying.

10. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    whats the deal with the "pickupinventoryitem" stuff then ? :o

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    carrot, spurs, speed gloves. They all increase mount speed.

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Here is the latest version:

/script PCI = PickupContainerItem; PII = PickupInventoryItem; PCI(4, 18); PII(13); PCI(4, 17); PII(10); PCI(4, 16); PII(8); PCI(4, 15); PII(14);
    /use [modifier:shift] 0 8
    /stopmacro [modifier:shift]
    /use 0 4

I assigned acronyms for the function names to save character space since I hit the 255 limit. I added a fourth item swap to use my new riding crop. I also added a shift modifier to use my flying mount or my regular mount.

13. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    the new Leatherworking trinket Riding Crop is +10% mount speed and nothing else stacks with it (essentially no need to carry gloves, boots and trinket for mount speed boost) Requires: 69

Pallys Crusader Aura is the only thing faster @ 20% mounted speed (and does not stack)

14. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    This is a cool macro. As I found out in game though if you use bind this macro to a key, the game doesn't recognize the Shift when used in conjunction with the key binding. That is, my horse is bound to Middle Mouse, so I tried binding this macro to Middle Mouse. It would work fine without the Shift key pressed, but nothing would happen with Shift pressed down. I presume this is because Shift-<Key> is a valid key binding, and the game was looking for something bound to Shift-Middle Mouse and not finding it.

So, long story short, I made two identical macros as above, removed the lines with [modifier:shift], and changed the last line's bag slot accordingly for the second macro. Put both macros on the action bar, binding the horse to Middle Mouse and the gryphon to Shift-Middle Mouse. Works great. The only drawback is it takes up two action bar slots, but I had some extra since Jake helped me combine my portal and teleport spells into one button per city. :nod:

15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
  16. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I updated the mount macro when I learned that [flyable] is a macro condition that checks whether you are in Outland. This eliminates the need of a key modifier to pick your flying or ground mount, thusly:

/script PCI = PickupContainerItem; PII = PickupInventoryItem; PCI(0, 7); PII(13);
    /use [flyable] 0 3; 0 2

The script swaps my top trinket slot for the Riding Crop, as it does in Jaden's.

The second line checks if I am in a "flyable" zone. If I am it uses the item in backpack slot 3 which is my flying mount. If I am not "flyable" it uses backpack slot 2 which is my horse. The names of the mounts are also acceptable if you don't want to keep them in specific slots:

/use [flyable] Ebon Gryphon; Swift White Steed

If you use the "?" as the macro icon and place it on your hotbar, it will appear as your ground mount in Azeroth, your flying mount in Outland. Cool stuff.

Hitometer: 53,842,681 since 1995