Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

macro: automatic trinkets when firing frostbolt

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Jakeman, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I have it in there because the UI doesn't dismount you on casting when you are flying. Probably a safety so you don't fall.

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    There is another interface option for that.

3. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Then I have it in there so you can dismount without having to fire on something. For example, you can't just press Ice Lance and dismount. You have to actually fire it which requires a hostile.

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Here's another revision.

1) Blizzard's "flyable" boolean isn't working properly in some areas. For example, it tries to use my flying mount in Dalaran's "no fly" zones. So I changed the condition so that:

"no target + shift + click" = ground mount
    "no target + click" = flying mount

That way I can manually choose. Note that it will only mount if you have no target. This is slightly more restrictive than the previous version which would mount with a friendly target as well.

2) I added a decurse line so I can just select a friendly and click the same macro to decurse them.

3) Added mirror image since it's not on the GCD. It goes nicely with this macro.

Code:
    /dismount [mounted]
    /cast [help] Remove Curse
    /use [noexists, modifier:shift] Amani War Bear; [noexists] Swift Blue Gryphon
    /stopmacro [noharm]
    /use [modifier:shift] 13
    /cast [modifier:shift] Icy Veins
    /cast [modifier:shift] Mirror Image
    /cast Frostbolt

It's not entirely obvious, but there are three types of targets in this macro:

- friendly (help)
    - no target (noexists)
    - hostile (the only other possibility if the first two conditions aren't true)

The stuff above "/stopmacro [noharm]" is for friendlies and no target. The [noharm] condition is true if and only if the target is friendly or there is no target, so that condition correctly stops the macro in both cases where you don't need to attack.

5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    My mount macro is not combined with any other actions, so that allows me to use a modifier key as a workaround in Dalaran:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:shift,nomounted] Swift White Steed
    /cast [flyable,nomounted] Swift Blue Gryphon; [nomounted] Swift White Steed
    /dismount [mounted]

Pressing the shift key forces the macro to cast the ground mount, skipping the "flyable" check. Outside Dalaran I don't press shift and it works as before, picking the correct mount for the area.

Note: Before 3.0 I didn't need the /dismount line, as using the item in your inventory functioned as both a mount and dismount. With the new mount system this line is mandatory or the macro will not dismount you.

Hitometer: 52,935,068 since 1995