Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

mac torrent

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dapork, Mar 14, 2007.

1. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    hey do any of you guys know about torrent clients that work on mac os 10.3? I've always used limewire but suddenly there's a firewall at my college and I wanna try something else. I don't even know how torrents work and some of the ones I find require 10.4. others open up but then I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I use Azureus, but I'm not sure about whether it will work in 10.3.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/index.php

3. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    I downloaded that but some weird error message popped up at one point. plus it looked like a windows program and that surprised me a bit. I'll try again. today I tried bit torrent on a friend of mine's LAN, but even though the files I found online said something like 2000 peers, it ended up saying 7 days to download. even though for him (on his pc) it's incredibly fast. maybe it's a mac problem?

4. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    BitTorrent is much better than limewire in my opinion, but for it to be efficient you really have to be sure that all the ports that Azureus and other such clients use are completely open. Definitely not a mac vs. pc thing. Make sure you are getting the green smiley faces and don't max out your upload rate or it will utterly gimp your downloads. Its not as ultra-fast as some other P2P protocals but it is becoming the most widely used. Check out thepiratebay for a pretty good torrent list.

5. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    I dunno, when I was trying to download I didn't have any other programs open. and I wasn't uploading anything that I know of

Hitometer: 54,376,744 since 1995