Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Mac has games?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SmAcK DoWn!, Mar 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmAcK DoWn!

SmAcK DoWn! Unregistered

Dropping by....

Mac has games?! I never knew that.. I wonder if a G4 can run Red Alert, a computer game to those of Macker don't know, a game which came out...~3 years ago. Um...play Jedi Knight, a game that came out about ~4 years ago? Um..Deus Ex? Um...Half-Life? Counter-Strike? Team Fortress? Firearms....needn't to say more?

SmAck DoWn!

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    uh oh, zxcbvmn (sp?) is bringing friends.

Macs have lots of games. Half life is not for Mac. But I really want it to be... I mean, wouldn't everyone want a game based on the Quake 1 engine? :laugh:

Macs have Deus Ex, UT, Quake 1,2,3, Diablo 2, among other very popular titles.

You need a different argument besides software.

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    :rolleyes:

Common courtesy is to hang around a forum and get to know the people before you flame...or troll.

Well, problems with first impressions is that you only get one. By looking at your name and your argument I can only conclude that you are white trailer trash who spends all day watching wrestling.

4. SmAcK DoWn!

SmAcK DoWn! Unregistered

Oops, Half-Life aint good enough for Mackers...

Defend the PCs ALL the WaY!

Why even go back to Quake 1 engine which came out half of decade ago?! (Don't you want something new?)

PC now got a DOOM 3 Engine.

DOOM 3 Graphics vs. Quake 1 Graphics
    you do the math

This is one thing about Mac's uncompatibility. Software is a large part of a computer. If you want to compare, here's some hardware.

Highest PC can go vs. Highest mac can go
    P4 1.5 Ghz(overclock to 1.75 Ghz) vs. G4 733 Mhz

(733 Mhz seemed to be Mac's limit. Intel roadmaps show that Q3 of 2001 <2Ghz is reached.)

Amazingly, Gigahertz and Megahertz have a large difference.
    PC users can to build and upgrade his PC.

I've never seen a Macker going out and buy a Mac case.
    Mac's one mouse button vs. PC mouse (2 buttons), IntelliEye Mouse, Explorer, Logitech cordless mouse + keyboard
    Good news for Mac: GeForce 3 is coming out FINALLY for Mac!!
    Bad news for Mac: GeForce3 is going to be faster than most of you Macker's processor!! (Make no difference in graphics!)

This message board is great.

SmAcK DoWn!

5. SmAcK DoWn!

SmAcK DoWn! Unregistered

to Cowofwar

Impression is Mac is just a multi-color pieces of plastic.

All wrong HAHA!!! I don't even need to get to know people in here in order to 'flame.' It's a Mac board! How should I hang around in a Mac board?! I got nothing to ask or talk about Macs (except to convert some Macker to the better side of computer, it's not a choice). It's not flaming. Did my post made you cry? It's all about the facts. (Don't cry)

By looking at your name, the only thing I can think of is that this guy (who likes cow more than human is a sign of Mac) is a no-use trash Macker who drinks milk and cries a lot. (um you racist?)

SmAcK DoWn!

6. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Re: Oops, Half-Life aint good enough for Mackers...

Actually, Doom 3 isn't out for either platforms. It is in development for both.

There is a lot of software for macintosh. Think of it as a strainer. All the crap is developed for pc, and only the software that stands to make a profit is developed for mac (ie: the good stuff).

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. You just proved yourself as an even stupider moron by thinking megahertz is everything.

Ok, do you want to know why mac users don't need to replace everything in their computer all the time? Because it isn't full of crap, low quality hardware made by the lowest bidder.

Why would I want a new case? My G3 case looks awesome. Look at my computer. I have expanded the RAM, added 2 hard-drives, a zip drive (internal), a 40x SCSI external cd-rom, external cdrw, external USB floppy. What else would I need? I can overclock my processor if I want to or just switch out the processor and stick an upgrade into the ZIFF slot.

Okay dumbass, macs ship with high quality 1 button mice. Pc's ship with crap 2 button mice. I don't know of anyone on either platform who use the mouse that came with the computer. Everyone just goes out and buys a new mouse anyways.

Are you a retard? Of course the processor card is faster. If you get a Geforce 3 you don't need a fast processor since the GPU takes off all the strain from the processor. All the CPU is doing is sending instructions. The GPU does all the calculations.

And you're an idiot.

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Re: to Cowofwar

Once again you prove your stupidity.

Why are you on a bad board? Do you feel so threatened by our superiority that you have to make sad attempts at making yourself look better?

You remind me of a classic case of a "school yard bully". An idiot who lacks intelligence and self-esteem. He knows he's inferior and instead of trying to succeed, he picks on people who are better than him and puts them down, trying to make himself feel bigger.

WTF is this? Some lame ass attempt at a come-back? Put me next to you and see who's useless. You rot in the streets while I succeed in life.

Have a good one.

p.s. My name is an alias. I am no way obsessed with cows. I just think that they're a cool theme to work with. You're not one to point this out by looking at your name.

8. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    OMG

Another ****ed up dumbass PC freak. Not to mention this one is as dumb as they get too.

Lets see, what did he say? oh yeah, can your G4 run Deus Ex? um, yes, thats sort of why it's been out for the last 6 months. Felly bright today are we smack down?

Oh then ther was and we have the doom engine. Hmmm, well we have the Doom 3 engine and the Geforce 3. :) ahhh, thats makes me fell so much better. Felly any brighter yet?

Do yourself a favor and apoligise for your dumb mistakes or leave. personally i would like to luagh at your stupidity as you apoligize, but I will laugh at you even if you just leave without ever posting again.

9. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have Red Alert on my gaming pc. 800mhz p3.
    Jedi Knight was a kick-ass game. I also have that on my pc.
    Deus Ex is for mac, moron.
    Half-Life was in development for mac and canceled at the last minute because they though making it for Dreamcast was a better idea (wtf?).

Firearms, cs, team fortress are all HL mods.

If you grew up and learned that computers don't revolve around games you'd see that macs are great. Obviously you're just a 12 year old who spends his life playing games, never doing anything useful with his computer.

How about we look in the multimedia department?

MIDI, sound sampling and recording all recognize the mac as a superior platform.
    Graphics development. Photoshop 6, Maya and all macromedia programs along with a load of others are all available for the macintosh, they are much easier to work with on the mac.

Coding. Ever heard of Metroworks Codewarrior? You can program for macintosh, cocoa and x86 all on the macintosh.

I'm sure you know that the majority of pc publications such as Maximum PC all designed and written on macs.

Sure, macs may not be the leader in the gaming department, but things are looking up. Carmack is behind us, along with many other developers with the appearance of os x. Video and Sound card developers are also giving us the option of using their high end cards. We have Motorola who might not be able to produce enough processors en masse, but look at their engineering department, it's the best in the industry.

Ever looked how optimized the G4 is? We can stick one of the professional level CPU's in a laptop. Like to see you do that with an Athlon or P4.

Why am I wasting my breath. You're just plain pathetic.

10. Vokbain

Vokbain Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    PC users have brains?!?

Nope.

11. Vokbain

Market Rating:
    Also, Id rather game on a Mac over a PC any day.

12. SmAcK DoWn!

SmAcK DoWn! Unregistered

Wow now this is flaming...

You remind me of some elementary school with glasses nerdy style who don't know what he's talking about, and who he is talking to. (Once again return favor)

Me rot in street? Heh Macker never EVER succeed in life. Especially faggots like you. Remember the your first post on this thread. You flamed me first. So it's never more than return the favor.

um yeah your computer really sux. So you are telling me that Megahertz is faster than Gigahertz? That made you first a mac fag. Then you come saying that there are a lot of software made for Mac. Why don't you list them all? I'll list the PCs, you list the macs! Isn't that great team work! (I'm sure that you don't know what sarcasm is, which proves you more of a fag)

THEN you come telling me that Mac don't 'need' upgrade. You are definitely brainwashed to Mac. Several years after right now, and you will still have your little G4, oops I mean G3, with no upgrade. While you would still say, "well it's fast enough and I still got my milk!" Then you said you expanded your ram n shit. Now you are contradicting yourself which proves you a low-IQ cow.-ward.

Here's a suggestion: A person's hand is long! HAHAHA!! Whenever I think of round Mac mouse, it's totally pathetic.

GeForce 3 huh? You gonna get it? You gonna upgrade it? If you get it you once again contradicted yourself and if you don't, you rot in street.

Keep the flame coming! So people can see how Mac board sux more than PC mboard =)
    Suggestion: Go to a PC mboard n look for PC-heretics mac lovers HAHA!

I'm betting that you live with Mac all your life which made your view smaller and narrower day by day until you rot in the streets with your little G3 and your bottle of milk.

One more thing: Macker, control yourself a bit =) Remember that you are representing the "MACS" HAHAHAHAHA! (I hope that don't make you cry)

SmAcK DoWn!

13. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    I love my PC games...except when they don't work right like everything else on Windows. 4-6 weeks can't come soon enough.

But what i find funny is this guy doesn't realize the only screens shown from Doom 3 have been on Mac. Oh well, at least he's drooling over the right version :)

14. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Re: Wow now this is flaming...

Actually I'm not a nerd, and I could beat your ass

Well, considering that we can afford higher quality, more expensive hardware that must mean we have more money. If we have more money than you that would show our level of success.

It's the design of the CPU. You could have Super high speeds yet a very shallow pipeline. A G4 has a large level 2 cache and a level 3 cache. Does your cheapo pc have one? I don't think so.

Okay, when you say upgrade, what do you mean? Because everything I can think of upgrading can be upgraded on a mac.

You're a misinformed moron who is not uptodate at all with his information. The old hockey puck apple mice are discontinued! They don't exist anymore!!!

? WTF :confused:

Okay. A pc mobo has ATA/100 and one more PCI slot. That's it. There's no other difference.

You obviously didn't read my other posts because if you did then you'd know that I have 3 macs and a pc (800mhz P3).

Why control myself? I don't need to drop to your level to insult you. I can easily prove your idiocy by proving everything you say wrong.

Do us all a favor and crawl back into corner that you came from.

15. SmAcK DoWn!

SmAcK DoWn! Unregistered

To ALLLLL Mackers

I thought you ALL favor Macs? Why a gaming PC? Half-Life was canceled for mac cuz Sierra thinks MAckers cant take on the heat! Bunch of pathetic losers.

To Vokbain: Subject: Do Mackers have nuts?
    Most of them don't.

I wonder where on Deus Ex says it for Mac? PC gamers still rape Mackers in Deux Ex. You want a piece of me?

To Mud: Subject: Wanna flame?
    Another ****ed up kid. WoW! GeForce 3! Where are your GeForce 2s? What a jump! From Radeon to GeForce 3! Felly any brighter?
    Want me to apologize? You are making yourself VERY stupid. I know I'm not going to. Since these ****ed up Mackers are gathering here, how about just flame them all. And as always, I laugh at Mackers.

By the way, '****ed up dumbass' is a deliberate grammar error. Check your 5th grade grammar book.

Finally realized that Mac Board are all about the flame.

To ALL MACkers: CONTROL YOURSELF! lol

16. Vokbain

Market Rating:
    What?

Again, what?

Macs dont use megahertz or gigahertz as a standard, we have evolved to gigaflops.

We will uprade whenever the hell we want.

Macs dont have round mice anymore. Also, I use a Logitec wheel mouse, not an Apple mouse.

Yes, I will get one. Before you get one, so blow me.

I can name many Mac boards, as well as many PC boards where geeks like you are smacked down by Mac users.

I have used Macs my entire life, and therefore have never been exposed to the inferior operating system.

I insult dumb PC losers whenever I want.

17. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    Speaking of puck mice...

Imagine what the flower power mouse would look like... *pukes*

This guy really needs to study his English instead of watching WWF shows. I know for a fact PCs have grammar check, i guess it must have a bug or something. It's not working for him.

18. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Re: To ALLLLL Mackers

Stop showing your ignorance. Half-Life was cancelled due to multiplayer compatibility issues.

What are you trying to say? Learn how to quote.

Actually go to the apple store. You can choose from ATI Rage Pro 128, Geforce 2 MX, Geforce 3, Radeon. That's 4 cards including the Geforce 2.

Now shut up and check your sources.

That's the pot calling the kettle black. Only someone desperate who knows that he's losing points out spelling and grammar errors.
    Have you looked at what you've typed? It's not exactly well written, clear and concise.

19. Dark Auroran

Dark Auroran Peasant

Market Rating:
    As I told Cow, it's not even worth arguing with you. Why is it such a waste the bigot wonders! Well, I'll tell you why. I've seen lame little mindless PC zealots like you before who understand NOTHING about the processor and will try to justify that Microsoft Windows Compatible machines are superior by saying "we're better 'cuz we have mo' MHz and that's good 'cause Intel told us so!". Well, it's not so, I'd attempt to explain the nuances of using MHz as a speed rating between processors of different chip families to you, but assuming by your grammar English isn't your first language, so I doubt you could comprehend it. But if English does happen to be your first language, you shouldn't have been promoted to 1st grade. Seriously, go and troll, no one gives a rip, we've all seen your type about a million times before...

-End ramble

20. Vokbain

Market Rating:
    95% of us dont have gaming PCs. Sierra canceled Half-Life because it is a dumb game with a primitive engine, and they know that Mac users wont play games of such low quality.

All male Mac users have nuts, the female Mac users (wow, girls!! I bet you wish knew some that dont say 'get away from me, you nerd') dont.

Mac gamers are better at games then PC users. And Deus Ex doesnt even have multiplayer, you moron.

We have GeForce2s.

Blow me.

We only flame when dickheads like you come to our elite boards.

Again, blow me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Hitometer: 53,936,699 since 1995