Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

mAc and mac_ relations.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jaco, Aug 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    no, it isn't. both clans have gotten along fine without needing to be all friendly with the other. it has been neutral for a long time. what are the options here:

1. stay neutral
    2. go hostile
    3. be friendly

option 1. it has worked so far. you can't complain with results.

option 2. why?

option 3. no one over here wants to be friendly because of what hunter did. it doesn't matter if you guys supported him or not. what... you were 'just following orders'? bah, nevermind. hunter was your leader. he did bad. many of your peeps supported what he did. there fore we will have nothing to do with you guys anymore.

you see, it doesn't matter what anyone here thinks. the simple fact is that friendly relations between us simple will not work. plain and simple. problem solved. next question?

2. Jaco

Jaco Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hunter and maybe 4 - 5 other people were stupid over a year ago.

You guys are making it sound like it was all that bad, 5 or so people harassed you for a week or two. Like seriously, don't hold a grudge over something that petty.

The whole clan wasn't shitty to you, just select few, and I am sure a bunch of stupid people started being mean when they saw others doing it too.

But, once again, that was a long long time ago. Move on.

I don't think you guys deserve an apology from the whole clan for something only a few people did. And even then it wasn't all that bad. I am not condoning it, but you guys are stretching this a little out of proportion.

3. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
  4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    we have

5. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I agree.

I've never had any problems with mAc (excluding the channel war, thats long ago though and wasn't that annoying (oh no we need a clan channel now, who cares)) The few ppl I've randomly met in games on b.net have seemed nice enough lets get over it.

6. Aryx

Aryx MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I remember this whole issue from way back then and all I have to say is, how much can you beat a dead horse of an issue? The majority of both clans has moved on from this issue, so why worry about it anymore? I'm with Jake in that both sides should go to thier respective corners again and leave each other alone. =p That's just my opinion for what its worth. ( Although as an observer, this is quite entertaining to watch :D )

7. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Thankee, kind sir. :D

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Thoughts I'm having while hopefully being a voice of reason here...

Fine, but I think you missed my point. The "crap" I was referring to was that some people are acting like boobs. Whether or not we ever deal with mAc again, that kind of stuff is not necessary.

Not entirely true. There is a small group "over here" who are hardlining against mAc. The rest of us either are already somewhat friendly or are pretty much indifferent. I am in the latter category. I don't know anyone from "over there" enough to have an opinion, as I have never been to their boards, and the only contact I've ever had was during the channel stupidity.

I may be a little hazy with my recollection, but it seems the channel crap went on for much longer than a week, and it only ended when WE ended it by going to the clan channel, at which point many of you childishly declared "victory." Jakeman has a point when he says that Hunter was your leader, and therefore your representative. You seemingly have staged a coup since then, or Hunter has left on his own. Fine. But the fact still remains that during the mess it was Hunter who spoke for your clan, as the leader. Sometimes I was banned from the channel by a member of mAc who was very nice and apologetic about having to do it. But that didn't stop him or her from banning me. If the majority of the clan was not with him during the war, then you should have at least made some kind of visible effort to stop him. There was none that I saw, but like I said I have never been to your boards. In any case, it seems that most of your clan either: 1. participated in the war, or 2. allowed it to continue even though you didn't support it. You are in the wrong either way. If a simple acknowledgement of that on your part would help smooth things over, I don't think that is too much to ask.

And I think you are missing the point a little too. The real insult was not the channel war or the bot spamming, which as you point out was not that bad. As I understand it, the insult came when Jakeman approached your clan with overtures of friendship, only to get slammed for having the "audacity" to have come up with a clan name and tag that is similar to yours, as though the word "mac" was your creation. Jake's "Myriad of Allied Clansmen" in my opinion is very creative, and the name and tag were made completely without knowledge of your existence. And yet, he was punished for stealing "your" ideas. You say we are blowing things out of proportion. I say you are understating the gravity of your insult. Perhaps, as you say, only a small number of your people were involved, but at the time they were doing the talking for your clan.

Anyway, I spent more time on the soapbox than I wanted. Personally, I don't see why friendship is so out of the question, but there is going to have to be some meeting halfway from both sides for it to happen.

9. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    A slight modification, I'm not hardlining about mending fences. I AM hardlining about who has to make the first move, there's a minute difference there, but a signifigant one. As I said, I'm indifferent and even quite civil to mAc users specifically, but when they act as representatives of their clan, I won't budge until they do. They made us knuckle under last time, now it's their turn to eat crow. The balance must be restored. If they don't want to, that's fine. I'm perfectly happy to co-exist. But I won't turn the other cheek. I almost left the clan way back then because I didn't want to get in the middle of some flame war. Things have changed. :D

10. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Did anyone else stop reading the redundant posts in this thread after the first two? :confused:

11. Zephor

Zephor Peasant

Market Rating:
    second? wow i stoped after the first

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    OK...Here's my short story...

I was around during the channel wars that were started by and kept going for quite some time by {mAc} members... I have no idea as to how many members were involved with Hunter, but it seemed like alot.

As to relations, I couldn't care less.... I have no personal animosity towards anyone involved, and have repeatedly invited anyone from {mAc} to look me up online (w/ *mac_gilgamesh, w/ *mac_gilgameshx, w/ *mac_gilgamesh1, w/ *mac_gilgamesh2).

I have personally invited Solistus and a couple others to look me up, but no one has... ah well.... :(

My time is too limited as it is to play, so forget all the jibba-jabba, and look me up to kick some digital booty... :)

13. solistus

solistus Peasant

Market Rating:
    fine, someone has to step up...

I aplosgise for the rash actions of Hunter and his gang. Although, for the records, I DID fight the war as best I could from my end.

The reason we did nothing to stop hunter is quite simple- we did not consider the channel thing to be a big deal. It is a regular part of clan coexistance on b.net. Allies do it for fun, enemies to annoy the opposing clan. If you never have any desire to participate in this, you get a clan channel, problem solved. The reason clans USE non-clan channels is to allow wars. Ignorance of these facts does not excuse you or give you the right to blame us for your lack of information.

Anyways, I will no longer argue either side. It seems to me that it is best to end this before it ruins any hopes of personal inter-clan friendships like it alread yapparently has clan friendships.

Parting message though- the clan you warred a year ago is hardly the same as the clan you see now bearing the mAc tag. Many new members have come, sold oldies have left, we have rid ourselves of hunter's monarchy. Don't turn your backs on mAc as a whole for good.

14. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Apologies are good :nod:. I wasn't around when the "channel war" went on, and have had little interaction with mAc aside from the last week. Since I'm not holding a grudge, I welcome an alliance, but this isn't the mAc leadership we're talking to here. Something tells me Trekkie wouldn't be willing to just ally (and Tony might not even want to either).

--Haite

15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    this isn't going anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Hitometer: 53,554,153 since 1995