Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

mAc and mac_ relations.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jaco, Aug 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaco

Jaco Peasant

Market Rating:
    Obviously there is some bad blood here. Lets try and work it out without closing a thread. Problems need to be worked out and addressed.

2. Jaco

Jaco Peasant

Market Rating:
    In classic anger management counciling style, lets describe exactly why we have grudges against each other.

Lets try and keep emotions to a minimum. I don't want flaming, that will call for some terrible jaco karma all up in here.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    oh ok.

why i don't like {mAc}
    1. Hunter's initial invasion of our bnet channel.
    2. Hunter's nasty e-mails in the beginning.
    3. General {mAc} superiority attitude when we first found out that you guys existed. not so much of that any more though.

i'll think of more.

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    My main reasons, because you guys act hastily, and don't appreciate apologies, and a lot of your clan members generally act childish (I mean come on, your forums are littered with flames). If anything else I don't like your forums because they're ugly :p. The reply buttons don't match the background color, the whole place just doesn't present itself well (of course that has nothing to do with the people, although at times the people can match the appearance).

--Haite

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    the reply buttons are pngs. not exactly a 'standard' format. most macs display them correctly. most pcs don't.

i agree that their forums do have lots of flames.

6. Jaco

Jaco Peasant

Market Rating:
    Our forum content isn't up to par. Ok.
    Hunter sucks. Ok.

Thats all you guys can think of as to why we mAc people suck?

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I find my life lacking something so I fill the gap by creating arguments and flamewars to amuse myself.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    joo suck cos i say! hehe.

9. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well, lesse here. You said I was the equivalent of a fat bastard in the cheesecake thread. There's any number of times you guys have invaded our boards and started talking shit. People in your clan vowed to crush us out of existence because our name was mildly familiar. You spammed our channel with bots, forcing us to move, then made fun of us because we didn't want to be reciprocal assholes. You come here and howl and scream for us to apologize when it's you who should be apologizing to us FIRST. There's this superiority complex you have going, as well. You insist we forgive and forget and when we say 'stick it' you get your feelings hurt. Jake made overtures for an initial alliance to your clan leaders and was summarily bitchslapped. Your clan culture is hostile and agressive in general. You come here with your bot and, with your tone, order us to test it, in so many words.

Now, why do I talk shit? A) it's always in response to someone invading the board and acting like an asshole. B) it's to defend our clan members. c) it's actually fun sometimes. Does it cause problems? Undoubtedly. But I won't move off my main point one micron. No relations until reparations are made. That's a genuine apology for all the shit you've put us through over the past year, plus a commitment to act like regular human beings and not a group of marauding bandits. Only then can we start the healing process. That's my 0.02, I can't speak for Jakeman or anyone else on the board.

10. Jaco

Jaco Peasant

Market Rating:
    I sense a lot of anger... and I don't know where to start. How about with a hug?

/me hugs Sparhawk.

Now, lets move one shall we? mmk.

I agree that whatever hunter and some other lame people did was wrong, but get over it please, those were the actions of a few people, not of mAc as a whole. If an apology would make you feel better then I am sorry.

I don't believe I came here forcing people to beta test something, I can here stating that I wanted another beta tester... I don't know how that may have come across wrong, but I guess it did.

Its my opinion that you are just a little angry right now for some reason other then mAc and are venting. All is good though, maybe you be cooler tommorow morning.

Now since this is group therapy I will move onto what I don't like about MAC.

"quote:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    so my opnions are worth less than yours then, o noble one?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

exactly"

Things like that... Granted mAc isn't perfect, but you guys don't even seam to be trying.

Second of all you somehow think we owe you an apology for something. We don't.

Third, Cow being lame on our forum. Maybe I just don't know him well enough to know he is joking or something, but I think I am entitled to finding somebody very annoying.

Last but not least, Jakeman's unproportionate fingers to the rest of his body...

FREAK!

11. Jaco

Jaco Peasant

Market Rating:
    "Well, lesse here."

and that word 'lesse'. I can't stand it.

12. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well, I guess that ends the reconcilliation session then. :wtf: You wanted to know what's behind all this hostility, I'm telling you.

If you don't like what you're hearing, don't ask! Do you think I'm going to change my stance one iota overnight, when it resurfaces like a submarine, at the same strength, after six months of not hearing from you guys?

13. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    The point that Pisses me off is that you guys still seem to think that what you did wasn't wrong... IT WAS... I have NEVER flamed on your boards... (Syburwulf ... check out my posts) I tried to talk it out with you guys, and while some of you can be OKAY alone... put you in a group with other mAc'ers and you get NASTY... and yes, you need to begin by apologising(sp?)

14. solistus

solistus Peasant

Market Rating:
    <sigh> let's give this a try =]

I am sorry for what hunter and his cronies did to you and how some immature members may have treated you. I am sorry if I seemed to be overly aggressive recently but i'll get to that in a sec.

OK, short second huh? Here goes, why I don't like MAC:

1- you guys get mad at us for past transgressions of one individual who we do not support, but you all continue to 'invade' our forums and start flames. Take a look at one of my other threads for more on this issue but I gtg

ack gotta go now, ill post more later.

15. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    All right, I will be the first to admit that I don't know the entire history here, although I was around during the channel war and remember being banned a few times. Did I care? Not really, but it was mildly annoying and incredibly juvenile, despite Solistus' grossly incorrect assertion that channel wars are acceptable B.net behavior.

Anyway, I think this whole damn thing is incredibly silly. I mean really, guys, is all this crap necessary? Neither side really seems all that interested in repairing relations to me, since you all seem to find time to stick in little jibes and smart ass remarks among your rhetoric. Also, there seem to be people from both clans who are only interested in flaming and provoking the other side, which of course undermines any peace effort and is amazingly selfish and immature.

To be more accurate about the situation, both sides would be interested in repairing relations, but only as long as their side "wins" first. Get over yourselves, all of you, from BOTH clans. If you really want to fix things, then just friggin do it already. We're all gamers, we're all Mac users, there's a lot of common ground here. This is not that difficult. On the other hand, if it's too late for that, then it is, and accept it and move on. Each clan stay off the other's boards, and that will be the end of it.

16. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    :stupid: i personally think that you fools are the reason i dont read the general forum unless im reeeeeally bored.

17. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    :stupid:

Frankly, I'm a little confused here.

Sure I was around for the initial hostilities, I didn't think much of it then. It was annoying to get kicked out of our channel by mAc bots. Being called damn near everything in the book when I happened to show up in a mAc bot filled channel. The incredibly rude "welcome" I got one day when I was playing D2 with a mAc member and stopped by their channel.

I doubt that I got abused as much as some members, but I was trying to ignore the whole thing and still got abused. I imagine that some folks who were instigating or trying to smoothe things over had it far worse than I.

It was childish, but it was also almost a year ago.

I have never understood why certain members see fit to visit the mAc boards. Understood even less why they feel the need to cause shit over there (if they are. I do not visit those boards, so I have no idea).

I have no problems with the mAc folks who have come over here, the "mAc exitors" thread was a bit bizzarre, but I have the distinct feeling that it was a response to something that was posted over on their boards. I actually kind of like getting some new blood into the conversation that doesn't feel the need to use lame ass l33t speak as a way to obfucate thier own deficiencies.

some things I personally would like to see change (but know won't)

from us:
    I'd like to no longer hear about our members causing shit on thier boards. Whether you find it fun or not. When you do that, you are representing us. Not all of us want to be asses.

I'd like to see a little less jabbing, ribbing, and kicking at poor jimmy. He's glue already.

from mAc:
    An apology would be nice, but at least recognition from all members present that we were the wronged party. Your leader at the time decided to hold a witchhunt and it was wrong to do so.

from both of us:
    settle down already, this is just silly. It's not constructive and will achieve no good ends.

bah, I had more to say but my age addled mind has forgotten what it was.

18. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Amen.

19. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    First of all how are you guys going to get an apology from the entire clan.

Second of all, why do all these mAc people keep coming over here complaining about not getting along? I don't go to their boards, so I don't know what you people do over there to get them to keep coming over. I guess it's interesting to read sometimes when you are bored.

Third, I think I remember mAc starting all the trouble in the first place, demanding the mac_ change their name, their tag, and everything else or else, then flamed us, then broke into our games, then complained that we won't get along.

Come on, whose the real enemy out there? Shouldn't us mac gamers all stick together regardless of clan tags, that's what started all this in the first place, some stupid clan tag, we are proud to be mac users, we display our colors to the world, why stop mac lovers from strutting their plumage. If we can't get along so be it, let's just don't kill each other.

20. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sounds good to me. I personally haven't been on their boards since well before they instituted the need for a password, so I don't understand the need for the drive-bys. Never the twain shall meet is fine with me, I don't feel a loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Hitometer: 53,857,418 since 1995