Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

M.A.C. Hotline & Carracho Servers up

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by SpocKirk, Sep 6, 2001.

1. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    see MSC Clan link for login info. only clan members can view login info

I just finished setting up a HL server I had configured a while ago for M.A.C. I hadn't used it much because I had dial-up. Now I have DSL, I can leave it up.

the account is private, seperate from the regular forum member account, with more privs.

I also made it a Carracho server for those who prefer it, but it is the same as the HL one. I also have added a KDX server

Please UL stuff, because I don't have anything for D2 and I'm still getting together stuff for the other games. I need suggestions, either posted here or on e-mail. Use SpocKirk@mscclan.com. I will probably be on from time to time, but I gave a lot of privs to the msc account, so feel free to move stuff around. The IP is dynamic and I haven't got a dyndns account yet, just look for it by typing sub in the search bar, looking on a tracker like no2banners.dhs.org .

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  2. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sweet! I'll have to mess with your computer ..... er.. I meant have to see what you have on your computer! Maybe i'll add a few nice things, if you don't already have them.

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I wasn't sure what was "appropriate" so I uploaded some stuff that was hanging around my drives. I was getting up to 90kbps upstream. Haven't checked downstream yet (a.k.a. your upstream).

Some notes about os x:

Yay! I can upload and download in the background without carracho slowing down. I can even put the comp to sleep without it slowing down. Extact and browse too.

Thing I miss most? Soundtracks, you know in os 9 where scrolling and stuff makes noise? I loved those sounds, gave the computer that extra something.

Although X 10.0.4 is ass slow, I've been using it as my main OS for a couple days now. Booting back into classic only for starcraft and the other occassional game.

Damn...The text in omniweb looks awesome. Must be quartz + anti-aliasing or something because it pwns me. So much easier on the eyes, although it seems my monitor has more glare in X.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    And of course, I can hold down the mouse button without making the system hang until I let go. Try doing that in os 9!

5. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    cow, I think that most things pertaining to M.A.C. is appropriate, and anything funny that isn't bad. if there's anything inappropriate i'll tell you. Don't worry about it. I only had 3 gigs left when I started the server this morning, I hope it's not all filled up.

6. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I upped the latest builds of mysql, php and apache which i'm trying to get to work right now...um, two os x games and the cd "Audio" by Blue Man Group.

7. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    Is that the blue man group from the pentium commercials? Don't make me whip out my "evil" and smack you with it.

8. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    BTW, this server is the Clan's. Anything you want to put on it is fine. You don't need to ask me. I would prefer no warez, and I don't want any bad stuff, as stated earlier. Feel free to make new folders and upload wherever you want. That's why I gave you these privs.

9. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Blue man group = good

Intel just hired them to do some promotion. Doesn't mean they themselves endorse the product.

I thought i could only upload to the dropbox :retard:

10. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    Do you guys think there should be a separate login for members? The members could move stuff around and upload into folders, but the others could still connect and download and upload into the drop box. I am getting a lot of incorrect logins (there is no guest login), which could be new people that could join mac-gamer. Currently, I have it so unless someone knows the login name, they can't find out anything about M.A.C. We can always use more people.

11. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    either way. i don't use hotline or carracho that much anymore.

12. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    Someone uploaded AYB. hehe.

Anyone wanna upload the newest build of OS X 10.1?

13. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    actually, I already had it lying around.

14. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    gekko, just a suggestion, change your prefs so you won't be anonymous. If you don't, some servers will kick you. Also, change your icon.

15. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    I would, but i don't know how. Hmm... let me play around a little.

16. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    The stupid ISP cut me off because I was idle too long. What is this, AOL?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2001
  17. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    The password refers to the warning from Apple, the record company for the Beatles, against Apple Comp. Apple records said they would sue if the Apple computers were made with the ability to record and play sounds. That is the reason behind the name of the sound file "sosumi" (so sue me)

If anyone has a suggestion for a better password, tell me. This was the best I could do in a few minutes.

This account is only for M.S.C. members. You are able to move stuff around and upload into any folder. The guest acct. can only upload to the Drop Box and download stuff. This way, I can let anyone in to download and get info on M.S.C., instead of closing it to everyone but members of the boards. This way, we might get more people interested in M.S.C. I had 93 incorrect logins (people seeing it on a tracker and wanting to get in). Maybe these people could be our next members.

//edit: I changed the above posts to reflect this change, so it won't confuse anyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2002
  18. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    This double-thread thing is getting on my nerves ;). If it's MAC's server then why should it be in the GD forum? Would you mind if I merged the other thread in here SprocKirk?

--Haite

19. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    nah, the pass is different for clan members than the others. I will try to just post stuff that is for the clan on this one.

20. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I am trying to Upload and dl stuff, but my Upload is 0 bytes a sec.... (err whaaa :wtf: ) and all dl's are stopped... wtf?

Hitometer: 53,850,204 since 1995