Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

lvl'd up to 89 in 3 hours

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by jesse_us10, Jan 25, 2004.

1. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yesterday i lvl'd up to 88 after about a week of playing. this morning i got in a Baal rush game that held together for over 3 hours befor I left. It took me about 30 games to lvl up to 89. I have the Annihilus charm which adds 10% exp, big help there. I died twice and could not get my body back once so subtract a few games if you don't die. The barb running the games must of had Map Hack. He was getting down to the throne in about 2 minutes.

BTW it went a lot smoother without the skeleton army and with a zon who used frozen arrow. Thats what I miss the most when I don't play my zon. There aren't as many as there used to be in pre 1.10.

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    For a second I thought you meant 1 to 89 in three hours. Still good though ;)

3. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Nope , Jedsia and I have not figured out that fast of a way to lvl up. In 1.09 we could get ya through Hell Baal in about 3 hours. Then you just did cows to your hearts content. Oh the good old days.

4. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    I dunno, it seems like it is still just as formulaic. You get rushed to normal baal and level up to 45. You get rushed to nm baal and go to 75, etc...

My zon was helped from act 4 to act 5 normal by Jesse, and then I cruised on to nm Baal by myself and am now level 75. Have to admit that my zon isn't so great at soloing hell because she doesn't seem to do enough damage--especially to cold immune monsters. I am doing pretty well with Lycander's aim (Thanks Jesse), but for hell I think I need to switch to some knockback gloves or something to buy me time while I whittle away at the monsters.

Later,
    Wran

5. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    we put a hellrack on the mules if you want that. It's on the missile mule.

6. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    Thanks I'll take a look!

7. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Good to hear your enjoying your zon Wran. Ya cold immunes are tough so you need a high powered weapon. Hellrack is good but use every socket you have for increased attack speed.

Thats lvl 75 in about how much playing time? Now that we have good base gear for lower lvl's we can do that.

8. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    Duh, I finally found hellrack. It's was unid'd so I thought that someone else used it.

--My question is that the strength requirement is like 163. Should I bite the bullet and put that much strength on (in terms of long term thinking), or should I socket a hel or two and live with the slow speed?

It took me a good 12-15 hours probably to get to level 75, but I wasn't in super rush mode or anything.

Thanks,
    Wran

9. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    You wants sheals in that thing, its way slow. Mine has 2 sheal and i've got about another 30% IAS with other things. Its about the same speed as the Buriza. The 2 sheals make up that difference.

As far as strength, I have mine pumped up to about 163. With the other bonuses it allows me to wear heavier gear (armor) so i don't see the down side. You'll have the killing power with the xbow.

10. Plasma

Plasma Peasant

Market Rating:
    I socketed a Shael into my Mavina Caster.. And im fast enough I think.. so i was choosing wether or not to put um runes into my armor and helmet.. that would add up to 50 all resistances in hell (poisen maxed). Is this a good idea?

11. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    I would say try to solo in hell and see what you need to be more effective. If you are dying because of lack of resistance, then yeah, so something to get more resistance. Alternatively you can socket for magic find too.

12. Plasma

Plasma Peasant

Market Rating:
    its not resistances.. i dont die very much... the main problem is, even with guided arrow it will take me atleast 10 shots to kill an ice immune.. i dont know whats going on there.

13. 0111000001100100

0111000001100100 Peasant

Market Rating:
    have a few pts into pierce?

14. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    guided doesnt work with pierce anymore/

hell is tough.....its gonna take a few arrows to take monsters down........10 arrows isn't all that bad.........

my mav zon has very little difficulty in hell, and i put ias in my helm, armor and bow.

15. Plasma

Plasma Peasant

Market Rating:
    I just found a 15% Fervor Jewel.. should i put that into the helmet?

16. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    when my dad was in his clan all of his characters were about 80 in 3 hours. How they did it exactly dont know. all i know is that when they did it they rushed him through modes and then went cowing for a bit then rushed cowed rushed cowed constantly after hell and he was about 80-90 in a quick 3-4 hours. This was when the patch wasnt out though. I tried to get him to let me join them but they wouldnt let me so i went looking for someone who would and found them. That is where i am now. I just cant belive how fast they did that. They also used level 90's to do so of this stuff.

17. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Rushing wasn't uncommon in 1.09. In 1.10 Baal runs are popular for leveling up, though I stay away from public Hell Baal runs mostly, because there are alot of idiots who like to run around or who don't do anything but stand and chat while everyone else is trying to fight.

Personally, I go to the Pit in Baal runs, I get decent exp and I get my drops.

You can't expect people to do everything for you, the best way to learn D2 is to play it, or read some of the strat guides at diabloii.net. Diabloii.net is by far the best source of info for D2, with the Arreat Summit also being a good source. Do some research. Play around with stuff. Experiment and learn. Asking for help is fine, but asking people to tell you everything or to do it for you isn't the best way.

Most of us have been playing this game since the day it came out, and most of us have earned the items we have and invested time into our characters. We've done some rushing, but most of my characters were played through the Acts. My highest level character is a 1.09 Mavina Zon who is 98.

Oh and one more thing.......a hoe is what I use in my garden, if you want to refer to women with that word, then please do not count on my help for future games. I don't mind helping you out, but I prefer not to listen to "ghetto" talk, which is why I don't play public games except to level up. I'm personally fed up with that trend of disrespect for women.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  18. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    im sorry if i said that jed. I didnt know you were a women till the other night. Well if you dont want to help me then dont because it just doesnt matter to me. If i did call you that when did i? I really apologize and i mean it. Do you have an answer for my necro question yet?

19. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    no you didn't call me that, was some sort of joke or something. anyway. Besides, it shouldn't matter if I was a woman or not, you shouldn't just treat ladies with respect when they're around.......
    Eh, I'm just being grumpy anyway.

For necro, well, the best set of course is Trang's, but getting the helm and belt is hard. A good caster set-up is fine too, being shako or a +2 circlet for your helm, Skin of Vigermagi or Que Hagans armors, or Trang Armor for a summoner,

Trang GLoves are great for faster cast and poison. Otherwise, Frosties, or caster gloves crafted.

Boots would be marrowalk, travs or silks. Upgraded nightsmoke, gloomstrap or archnid mesh for belt,

for a summoner you want an Arm of King Leoric wand, but blackhand key would be ok, or a rare +2 wand with skills you use. Also "White" Runeword is quite nice, but mroe for a Bone necro. Humonoculus is still the best necro shield I'm pretty sure, or use a Lidless wall, or Whistan's round for blocking, or a Rhyme shield or necro head.

ammy would be maras, +2 necro rare or crafted ammy, and soj or caster rings.

Sanders set is basically useless for a necro, and Infernal Tools is good for low level, but not much past 20's. The other sets are more geared toward combat classes or just plain not effective.

20. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Oh no! Status quo!

[size=-2]It's a joke, people.[/size]

Hitometer: 53,855,680 since 1995