Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Lowballing

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Scorpion, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Last night I got one of my Thorium lockbox opened by a rogue. He offered to do it for free to upgrade his skills but I gave him 75s anyways. What I got from the box was a mail helm with +16 agi, +17 sta. I offered it to Cal but he said that the one he's using is just about the same. So I put it on the AH at 4.5g starting bid (default). I didn't put up a buyout cause I didn't really know the actual price that helm should go for. I then joined a BRD group to do quests for the Onyxia line. Half-way through my run, I got a tell asking me how much I would take to buyout the helm. I said how much he would think is a fair buyout and he said 7.5g was a good deal. I told him that I'll check after I'm finish with BRD and would sell it to him if he's highest bidder. He kept insisting that no one would go over 7.5g and that he doesn't have the time to stay around. I told him that I don't want to leave the instance since I'm already halfway through to go cancel the auction, so he told me to sent it to him COD. I said if that 7.5g is a fair price then I'd cancel the auction and send it to him after I'm done. I continued with my BRD quests (only got one done btw) and went back to the auction to check on it. I looked at it and the highest bid on the same helm was 15g (twice what he was offering me) so obviously I didn't cancel it. I went to check my mail to get the money from my other auctions and found that he sent me mail reminding me to send him the helm. I sent him a reply that he's been outbidded. I haven't checked what I actually got from the auction yet, but apparently the guy was really lowballing me. I'd give it to him if he offered a decent price and a helm of with those stats is worth more than 7.5g.

Stats on helm:
    Engraved Helm of the Monkey
    258 Armor
    +16 agility
    +17 stamina
    require lv 54

2. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah, people can be real asses. I had a blue something or other on the AH and someone offered to buy it out even though I had forgotten to put a buyout on it. Well I thought that was fair and accepted the 4.5g they offered me. Well two minutes after I sold it to them, I saw it up on the AH for about 15g and it was sold shortly after. Bah.

3. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    How much would that same helm sell for to a vendor?

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Nowhere near what it's worth - probably less than 1g.

5. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Vendor buys it for about 1.5g. Vendor really unpays for items because they don't take into account the stats. All stats are considered equal according to a vendor. Imagine a plate armor that gives +arcane dmg. Only class that uses arcane is mage and mage can't wear anything except cloth.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    When people start preaching value to you, that's a big clue.

Hitometer: 53,846,168 since 1995