Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

low activity, raiding bug, course of guild

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    You want to know the real cost of raiding?

Let me show you :D
    [​IMG]

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Haha, does that say 39g? Roll cloth. :D

3. Wulf

Market Rating:
  4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    repairs cost the same for any armor type, I thought...

5. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    very not true.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Those who take the most damage get the highest repair cost per point of damage. :laugh:

7. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Shut up...

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    We love you. :bendover:

9. Wulf

Market Rating:
    The worst/best part is, the guild leaders (both mages) didn't believe that their MT was having to deal with repair costs like this after every night in Naxx. They still think I'm cheating somehow :p

10. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I agree.

I'm like Choco, log on to say hi and see how everyone is doing. I log on to chat with people when I need someone to talk to. Right now, with my son turning 2 today, I haven't had much time to play, let alone clean my house. Been really busy with RL stuff.

I feel the same way as Twerg on PUG.

11. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm just curious Jake. What are your feelings on this subject- not what you feel committed to do, what would you like to do? You seem to enjoy raiding, love your e-peen as much as the rest of us (item wise). Only I have heard you speak ill of raiding guilds much of the time. I am a little confused as to where your headed with your character in the long run. Are you contented with what you do now or do you intend to join a raid guild with your main at some point?

Don't take this as I'm jumping down your throat just to hear your future plans for the guild. I am simply curious. As I stated earlier I am not sure of my plans and may not be around much longer (depends).

Stepping back and looking at the guild I am uncertain if I can see it surviving. UNLESS the expansion brings back some MAJOR 5 man content. They say this will be so but I have my doubts. There are a few actives on now but will they stay? Is it worth keeping the guild together for a few people that log on once or twice a month?

I am sure you ask yourself these questions at times. Perhaps even why do you bother keeping things going when so many don't appreciate it (or appear to)? Just wondering if you ever ask yourself these types of things, what your feelings are, and perhaps what conclusions you have come to?

P.S.) I hurt my hand helping a friend move and will be on probably for short times through the next few days. By hurt I mean it really HURTS. Took me forever to type all this out so forgive any spelling mistakes.

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I have no problem with these questions. It is important to discuss these sorts of things.

I imagine I will stay in this guild even if I am the only one left because I am proud and stubborn. I still very much enjoy the game by myself, and that does not hinder my progress... I have carried myself to full epics and server-wide recognition with little help, and I have plenty of friends outside the guild.

Yes, I like raiding but I don't like raid guilds. I see dishonesty, corruption, and drama in almost every raid guild, so I don't think that I will ever join one on principle. I actually like HGA / BAH because they aren't exclusive pricks like most guilds... they have open attendance and are generally fair and honest with all involved. Unfortunately these ideals come at the cost of some success, but I can live with that.

I do not see this guild changing. Many guilds will go to great lengths to "succeed" in the achiever sense of the word, so much that it takes the fun out of the game. I don't want to rewrite the charter, abandon the majority of our members, increase my responsibility by 10x, and recruit 40+ new people who only want epics just so the guild can survive... that is not fun, and these are the kinds of changes we are talking about.

You mentioned a lack of appreciation by members and asked why I bother to keep things going. It is certainly annoying when I invest time and effort into a fellow member only to have them leave the guild or quit the game. That is why I hold low expectations and instead help people for personal gratification while I enjoy actually playing the game. I also maintain a healthy superiority complex which helps me to cope with abusers... I will always try to be the better man.

Does that answer your questions?

13. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    This made me laugh. :laugh:

Well said, btw.

14. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hey, I'm back - so I guess I'll throw in my 2ยข.

I like the guild the way it is; I'm really hoping Bliz gives us some good 5-man love ( :eek: ) with the expansion. Something that would allow our smallish group to keep doing things together. The most fun I've had in this game has been in our MSC instance runs.

I'm with Twerg/Choco/Chanta there.

:rofl: I like that!

15. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Answered my questions perfectly. Thanks. :) Just needed to see it all in one post. heh.

The swelling in my hand is way down today but it still hurts like hell. May be another day before I really start playing again.

Oh yea......it's my birthday! My wife got me a dog, lol.

16. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Happy birthday Cal.

17. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    WOOF!!!

What kind of dog? I'm sure Elb will want to know. ;)

18. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    It's your Birthday and you can cry if you want to!

Happy B-Day Cal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Happy B-Day Cal!!

20. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Thanks everyone! It's a mutt, I think a Lab/Spaniel mix. I have to get animals from the SPCA. I feel like I saved a life. :D

Hitometer: 53,820,447 since 1995