Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Looking for a good 1-handed weapon

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by dcwilson26, May 23, 2005.

1. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I have most of the ingredients for The Shatterer if any blacksmith can make it but I am not high enough to make it myself. Or, if you can make me a 1-handed weapon that is better, let me know. I am just not surviving with my current weapon/build so I am looking to respec my guy to defensive and use a shield. Let me know if there's anything you can do or if you have some decent weapon stored away in your bank. Thanks guys.

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    There have been a few Warrior builds thrown out there in the Character Building forum that you might want to check out before giving up hope on a two-hander. I think a two-handed weapon really is the best way to go for a warrior, along with an Arms/Fury build. You just need to know what skills to use in which situations, because that makes all the difference.

Protection spec is really only good for tanking in raid fights. Anything short of a 40-man raid doesn't require Protection spec. You could tank a level 60 instance with an Arms/Fury build and a two-hand weapon just fine.

What's key is using skills like Demoralizing Shout, and Thunder Clap to reduce the amount of damage you have incoming. Then use skills like Rend, Cleave, Sunder Armor, and Battle Shout to maximize the damage you have outgoing.

Also, when in a group situation, use Taunt, Demoralizing Shout, Sunder Armor, Piercing Howl, and other skills that the warrior has to keep the bad guys fighting him. Certain skills like Sunder Armor cause Threat - they make enemies target you. As a warrior, it's your job in a party to be the one taking the damage. Using skills like these ensures that you are the target that the enemies go after.

Warriors also have skills like Taunt and Mocking Blow that are so called "snap aggro" skills - they make enemies instantly target you for a period of time. This allows you, as a warrior (tank), to peal enemies off the healers, casters, or off-tanks, and get them back onto you. Once they're on you, follow up with skills like Sunder Armor and Demoralizing Shout to build threat and keep them on you after the Taunt / Mocking Blow wears off. You can save your group from dying by doing this, and the player that would have died will be forever grateful.

You can find more on these strategies in the World of Warcraft Warrior forum, but feel free to ask more questions. I think you don't really have a weapon problem, it's just a matter of figuring out which skills work best in which situations. Best of luck, and thanks for the quest help last night!

Jakeman likes this.
  3. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Thanks for all the advice. Its not just about my weapon, I also think that being a protection warrior would be more fun. Also, when I reach the high 50s, I plan to do mostly raids anyway. I've grouped with a couple of protection warriors before and they really impressed me. I'll take what you said into consideration but I really do eventually want to go the way of protection.

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Okay, cool. Well I'm afraid I can't make that weapon for you, but I believe there is a Protection spec that I posted once upon a time somewhere in the Character Building forum.

Hitometer: 53,590,044 since 1995