Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

LOL! Octium 4 @ 6.8 GigaFlops!

Discussion in 'Mac' started by Jakeman, Mar 5, 2001.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    That new TV show, Lone Gunman, with those X-Files computer geeks... I just watched the first showing. They were trying to hack this Airplain's onboard flight system that was encrypted. The guy said it would have taken 7-10 days to hack it while running the decryption in the background. So this other guy plugs in an "Octium 4" processor that runs at 6.8 GigaFlops and decrypts it in like 3 seconds. HAHA! The freakin' original G4 announced like 2 years ago did 4 GigaFlops! Now we've got dual 533s and single 733 enhanced G4s with on die full speed cache.

Octium 4 my ass. They should have saved them selves the trouble and ordered a G4 from the Apple Store rather than hacking into an engineering dept and steeling a brand new prototype Octium 4. LOL LOL LOL!!!

2. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's what the show was about? All I saw was a Pentium 4 looking knock off logo on some chip with some chick with double uzis at a fire range...who knew? :D

3. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ah well at least on the newest eps they were using a G3 laptop yeah its not a Ti but you gotta take what you get

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    ah man, I didn't watch it this week. :(

Hitometer: 53,828,870 since 1995