Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Killing D-Clone

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Jedsia, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Killing Diablo Clone - Flux [15:33:PST]

We haven't updated the World Event page for a while since there's really not much new to update it with. One thing we have been meaning to post about it a very quick and easy/cheesy way to kill the Diablo Clone. Numerous players have mailed to say that if you get him to spawn in Eldritch's spot you can run away, sliver Shenk, and then lead the DC down to Shenk, and when you kill him off all other monsters on the screen die, including the Diablo Clone. You can also do this by killing off Blood Raven, if you manage to lure DC over from the Bishibosh spot. In both cases this counts as a real kill, and he will drop the Annihilus charm.

I refuse to link to diabloii.net though because I clicked on the link to get more about the world event and they had one of those godamn pop-up windows that takes up the whole screen with no way to close it and it tries to "force" you to download a program that will "protect" you from spyware.........which is usally a way that below the belt advertisers get spyware on your puter.

:mad: :mad:

but otherwise....interesting info on the clone.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    heh, that's weak that you can kill him without killing him.

3. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    well, if anything else at least you can solo it and make sure you get the charm....otherwise you have to hope you can get it or be in a group who already havethe charm.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Cool.

Also, get proxomitron.

5. 0111000001100100

0111000001100100 Peasant

Market Rating:
    i havent fought him yet, or even been in a game where he spawns :/

6. BIG T

BIG T Peasant

Market Rating:
    OK, I'm a tard when it comes to this topic. Is there anything you need to do before you are able to see the DC. Is it like the cowking where you have to kill Baal in the difficulty lvl before you are able to see him. Lastly how are you able to make him appear. (does this have anything to do with the SOJ being sold to the merchants)

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Only appears randomly in hell games after a certain number of SOJs are sold.

8. BIG T

BIG T Peasant

Market Rating:
    Can you determain which hell games CD appears, say I'm mfing alone in a hell game without a password....he could just show up and I would be f***ed?

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    it's random

10. 0111000001100100

0111000001100100 Peasant

Market Rating:
    if he did, you wouldn't be f***ed. a message appears saying that he is going to appear, then the next super unique monster that you come in contact with he turns into.(i believe this is how it happens, no?) so if you see the message, and your not by any super unique, you could run to eldretch, and kill him the chea errrr efficient way :P.

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i think they might have fixed that, because I noticed that uniques and minions near Shenk weren't dying today when I killed him.

12. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    wouldn't surprise me.

heh, last night I saw the ticker going, so I quickly cleared Cold Plains, most of the burial grounds and some of Stony field in preparation just in case, so I could spawn him at the Stones and get him to Blood Raven if I couldn't kill him.

Course I never got the "Diablo walks the earth". Was standing in game almost 2 hours, just checking every once in awhile (In the meantime watching Two Towers :D )

13. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    so, let me get this straight....

• You have to be in a hell game,
    • After a certain amount of SOJ's are sold, there is a message stating that Diablo "Walks the Earth"?
    • You also get a timer declaring when it will happen?
    • Completely random event... A Super Unique creature will spawn a Diablo Clone?

Can it be any hell game? Be in act1-5 and he will spawn?

14. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    what ive heard is that he only appears in the cold plains. But that is what i heard from my dads clan members and they have been playing for a little bit longer than i. So i guess it is only cold plains. I have even went to my cousins friends to ask them and that is what they said is that he has been appearing in cold plains.so that is what i am going to say.

15. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    He does not only spawn in Cold plains.

He spawns as the next unique monster you come across, ie, if you're in Stony Field, he will be where Rak usually is.

16. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    hmmmm....kooky :crazy:

17. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I was in a game with a count-down going and by the time Jesse came in with his Zon we got the fabled "Diablo walks the Earth"

We go spawn him at Stony Field and oh my. I was whacking him, got him to the "O", but he kept chasing Jesse's Zon and everytime I stopped hitting him, he healed insanely fast.

After a few tries, Jesse gives up. Gets his Hammerdin. We both get in his face and hammer away. Jesse has to move away and get pots, Diablo starts to heal himself even as I'm whacking him with 5,300 damage. Jesse gets back in and his life goes down steadily.

Within a minute or so of steadily pumping out hammers, no stopping or he'll heal, he's dead and I've got a shiny new charm.

Now that we know our two hammerdins can take him, next game Jesse'll get his, hopefully we won't have to wait forever for another D-clone spawn.

Oh, he won't follow you btw. We got fed up early on in the fight and tried to lead him. He'd have none of that. So you gotta fight him to kill him. Well, at least we know we earned this charm.

Mine is +20 to all attributes, +1 skills, +16 to all resist and + 9% exp gain

18. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    sweet

19. BIG T

BIG T Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yeah, thats pretty accurate to what I've hear. I think the missing puzzle piece you need is a weapon that has prevent monster heal, I've heard it's a pretty much must have.

20. 0111000001100100

0111000001100100 Peasant

Market Rating:
    keep a blackhorns mask on a mule to xfer on, that would prob help somewhat. my dclone story is in the shout box heh

Hitometer: 53,853,647 since 1995