Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Just Wondering

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Venn, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Venn

Venn MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    How are you guys and gals doing out there in the world? Playing games I hope. I was looking into a few games and playing a few more when I realized I was freakin' bored soloing everything. Does anyone see any MMOs on the horizon that would let us dust off our tabards and unite once more to conquer the world? If not, this message is here to hopefully spark a conversation and let everyone know I am still alive and gaming.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I have been on the lookout for a new MMO. Guild Wars 2 looked appealing, but ultimately it just didn't spark my interest enough.

I have also been following / playing some non-MMO games like FTL, PoE, and 0x10c. FTL is single player but very fun. PoE is basically Diablo 3, but the end game is kind of a buzz kill. 0x10c is still in development but has promise as an online community kind of game.

Thanks for stopping by. I still hope to revive the clan when a worthy game comes out. There is always Blizzard's next (yet unannounced) MMO, but recent news is that it is having development problems.

3. Venn

Venn MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Good to know something is in the works. I pop in here every so often to check on things so please post something promising and I will give my two cents. Until then I will be hanging around playing various games. I generally use steam nowadays since it is the easiest way to keep everything together. I did try out Rift when it became free-to-play, but it has not really pulled me in. It might be worth checking out if you haven't really looked into it though as it has a fairly complex talent system akin to that of vanilla WoW and a pretty solid leveling and class system. I have heard endgame is fairly unpolished though, so that might be a deal-breaker.

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    EQN Landmark is a good possibility:

https://www.everquestnext.com/about-landmark

It's a precursor to the full MMO, EQN. But Landmark is itself a full MMO which is said to have guilds and other basic MMO features. Landmark is a building and exploration game. It's basically a Minecraft MMO but much more sophisticated. For those wishing to partake, you can compete to build stuff that will be used in EQN, and you can sell your creations on their marketplace for real money. Characters in Landmark can be converted over to EQN once that is released.

Landmark is coming out in just a few months. It will be an online download. System requirements are unknown at this time.

5. Jaco

Jaco Peasant

Market Rating:
    I still live. Trying to find time to play
    -ROME 2 - Total War
    -Final Fantasy 7 for PC
    -XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I like me some single player. Kill off some Marios, unwind.

Kind regards,
    -ocaJ

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:

Hitometer: 53,576,958 since 1995