Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Just wanted to let you know..

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Zitta, Dec 25, 2000.

1. Zitta

Zitta Peasant

Market Rating:
    ... I reached clvl 80 last night.

------------------
    It's too bad she won't live, but then again who does...

2. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Nice! My measly amazon has done some leveling since the patch (71-73.5), but I've sort of backed off now that I've decided to restart her for the next ladder season. Still, from having one character past 76 (the hammerdin) I have great respect for anyone who levels a non-barb/necro past 75 (ok, I respect the barbs and necros too, it's just a little more challenging with the other classes IMO).

Four more levels to those +2 ammys... [​IMG]

3. Zitta

Zitta Peasant

Market Rating:
    So how you like playing zon Olon? I'm making a new one too, this one will be a little different then the old one. The patch messed up some things. I won't max out strafe next time. The new zon is clvl 28 now, and lightweight. Only 57 in str. I will put the saved points into dex and vit. I got a -40% req, 92 max damage gothic bow that kicks ass so far. What are your plans?

------------------
    It's too bad she won't live, but then again who does...

4. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    I havent played any D2 for about a week and a half. I'm back into Alpha Centauri and I'mm whooping ass as the Hive

------------------
    "The most simple way to get a person to laugh is to only say one word, that word is of course, Penis" - The collected works of Jake Maurer (aka Hannibal)

5. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hmm... this time around...

I won't bother with a point in jab. :P

I will also not touch the fire tree at all. Immo killed me from lag more than it helped me kill faster.

I'm toying with a slight investment in guided arrow, less investment in strafe, and more in multi. I think I will still max freezing arrow late career. Before I start pumping freeze, however, I'll make sure I'm content with my passives, and that the ones I like (avoid, pierce, critical strike) are closer to the point of diminishing returns than the last time around.

I'll probably still hand down my IAS 88 cho-ko-nu (at lvl 25) unless a few Gothic Imbues turn up something I can't turn down. A minor detail, but I think I may stop using doomslinger in favor of a rare long bow with enhanced damage as soon as I have a few points in multi. Doomslinger will hold me till 25 if it has to, however.

6. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    I wonder if anyone ever did well with an amazon that used a sword/shield. I think I may have to try that......

------------------
    "The most simple way to get a person to laugh is to only say one word, that word is of course, Penis" - The collected works of Jake Maurer (aka Hannibal)

7. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've thought about that. Amazons are generally very fast with a one-handed weapon. The combination of critical strike, some points in penetrate, and defensive passives with a shield would probably add up to an Amazon who compares favorably if not flat out better than your average sword wielding paladin.

One alternative is to make a javazon, but instead of using a high damage javelin and jab when you're not throwing javelins, just switch to a high damage ancient sword - takes up less space and might get the job done better even without jab. Plague javelin and pierce is apparently not that bad at softening up a big crowd, although I haven't gotten around to making a javazon yet.

Hitometer: 53,585,348 since 1995