Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Jay Wilson fails at d3 auction house

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    If you have to defend yourself by saying, "everyone is doing it," then you are a ****er.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/jay-wilson-on-end-game-and-auction-house-again

Take responsibility. Show some leadership in this industry that you dominate. I will help you. At the very least we need to make a proposition out of this. A sales pitch. Here are some ideas...

"The real money AH is good because it allows players to compete with their wallets."

"Now you can buy social status with money, just like IRL."

Online gamers love competition and status. I think that would make a good sell.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  3. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    Now if they add offline, more players per party, and a good story, Diablo III will become a good game.

4. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Don't hold your breath.

Actually four is fine for this game. More would just muck up the screen.

Too late for D3. Maybe for D3X. Malthael looks cool, if nothing else. After the first play through no one cares about the story anymore anyway.

Anyway, killing the AH is a good idea, they never should have had it in the first place. The biggest thing they need to fix is the loot system. It was D3's biggest failing. Without that, nothing else matters.

5. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I never once entered the AH in DIII, so it didn't make a difference one way or the other.

By fixing loot, do you mean switching away from each player getting their own totally random loot drops?

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    No, that part was the one thing that was an improvement over D2.

I'm talking about homogenized stats and items from weapon damage being tied into all DPS abilities. If you look at the best items from class to class, they are usually the same item with a different primary stat affix.

What I mean is this: A legendary two handed war hammer with a high strength affix is the best in slot for a barbarian. Ok, that makes sense, right? But the same two handed war hammer with a high intellect affix is the best in slot for a wizard. Huh?

It's because weapon DPS makes my spells hit harder, which makes no sense. And because there are no stat requirements on items, my wizard can equip anything she wants. So you just find the highest DPS hammer, axe, bow, whatever with intellect, and you are good to go. It's stupid. Why would a wizard wield an axe?

Also, in general the same three affixes (critical chance, increased critical damage, and increased weapon speed) are coveted by all classes, because they increase overall DPS the most. And they can spawn on any item. Homogenization, again.

The problem is, as Jake has pointed out, this system is built into the core of D3. They can spruce up the legendaries with unique procs, they can improve the Paragon system, they can add the ability to assign stats. But unless they fix the core loot system, it's just putting lipstick on a pig.

Hitometer: 53,587,752 since 1995