Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

javabowazon

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Jakeman, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    ok, i got me lycanders aim and titans revenge. i'm level 81 with 17 skill points free. i could easily go into lightning fury right now and be maxed by level 87. right now all my passives are at 8 (after enhancements), max guided, 18 valk, like 10 in multi (after enhancements). i'm thinking i should go into lightning fury and be a javabowazon :D . lightning fury is the one to invest in right? do you get leech from the lightning fury bolts? at level 20 lightning fury takes 19 mana to cast. if there is no mana leech from that attack then i'm concerned my mana won't hold up.

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    All attributes from your javelins carry into the fury, including physical and elemental damages, leech, and pierce modifiers. Going both trees is a very good idea, although its best if you go javelins first because a javazon is a power leveler and a bowazon with GA is best at killing bosses and individual monsters.

--Haite

3. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    heh, i got my zon to 81 with nothing but guided. :D

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i'm not very impressed with lightning fury so far. it's at level 19 with enhancements and it takes a long time to cut through groups of guys in act 5 hell hills. and i think my kuko is more effective than my lycanders aim. :retard:

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Are you using your titan's with it? Also, what level is your pierce? Oh, and an FYI for using it, don't click on a guy, right-click the area behind the pack of enemies. For groups of 4 or less bust out your bow, but more then that the LF should be way quicker.

--Haite

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    yeah, i'm using my titans with it. my pierce is 8.

7. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    10 pierce without item bonuses is what you wanna get to. Then just aim beyond the enemies, also expect that you won't leech from physical immunes (since physical damage is where all leech comes from).

--Haite

8. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    light fury rules cows. :) but it is most effective once maxed. my javzon is pure javs, uses plague jav for light immunes. not as fast as guided, but light fury is my mainstay and once you get to 80 all you really do is cows anyway. My light fury is level 29 i think, using titans, +2 jav skill gloves, thundergods, +1 amazon skills ammy and I may have a jav charm. mana can be an issue, but i use tals mask and have no leech problems, and I think tal is only place i get mana leech.
    I may start a fury/guided zon, but i hate swapping all the time and my immo/guided zon is real fun on her own. Use ballista for big dam, kuko for physical immunes, she rips through phys immunes, immo is actually very effective, especially with pierce. I cant believe all the people who knock my zon in games when they see immo (at least until they see the life going down fast). Immo is just as useful as cold arrows and there are less fire immunes than cold in hell it seems.

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i never do cows... not in hard core, not in hell difficulty. cows kill, it's that simple. i always do hill runs in cow games so i get all the exp from the hills in a full game. every 4-5 games i see some one die. of course they stay in the game cursing and blaming everyone for their death. and of course they didn't give loot to anyone so they have not only lost a lvl 80+ hc char, they have also lost all their uber items.

anyways, yeah. don't do hell cows in hc... YOU WILL DIE! it may take 150 runs but YOU WILL DIE! :p

10. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    My javazon has the following stats:

85% chance on the Pierce
    56% chance on Critical Strike
    32 Lightning Fury
    8 Valkyrie

198% ED Titans Revenge with 6% life steal
    9% mana leech (6% ring and 3% from Wall of Eyeless)
    I forget my armor, probably Toothrow though
    Thundergods Vigor (a must)
    Magnus Skin Gloves
    +2 Zon skill 30% faster Run/Walk Circlet :nod:
    Sanders Boots
    +2 Zon skill ammy
    Dwarf Star

My bowazon has the following stats:

85% chance on Pierce
    56% chance on Critical Strike
    29 Freezing Arrow
    29 Multishot
    19 Guided Arrow

191% ED Lycanders Aim with 6% mana steal
    Diciple set
    +2 Valk Wing with 15% IAS jewel in it
    Magnus Skin Gloves and Wilhelm's Pride Belt
    7% Manald Heal and Raven Frost
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If I were making a new character, I would go for:
    Lycanders ~switch to~ 190%+ Titans with Lidless Wall
    +2 Valk Wing
    Diciple Set
    2 Manald Heal rings
    IMPORTANT TOTALS: +9 Skills, 8-14% Mana Steal with Titans, 13-23% Mana Steal with Lycanders

Skills:
    20 Freezing Arrow
    20 Lightning Fury
    85% Pierce
    50%+ Critical Strike
    1 Point Valkyrie (Unless in HC mode, might go for lvl 20)

Stats: (This is what I would have as my final set of stats)
    X Strength (Enough to use all items)
    X Dexterity(Enough to use all items, not sure about hitting with Freezing arrow is automatic like Guided or not)
    200+ vit (Hardcore, 250+)
    40-50 Energy

Last edited: Feb 20, 2002
  11. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    Can I add a word? or maybe more than one:

Fury does not carry any other properties than the indicated damage and lightning type. I believe they fixed that problem in the 1.09 patch. That's why you feel your fury is weak jake, because you expect all the physical damage to be tagged with your bolts, which is not true.

The main reason people say fury is GRRREEEAT, is because it can raze cows in a matter of second. In fact, you might have more chance of survival in cow than doing anything in act5:

1. cows don't have resistance nor immunities I believe.
    2. they are already packed up, don't require you to run around to raise effectiveness of fury
    3. they can only do melee damage, and you do only ranged damage

If you don't like cow, it's quite useless to play a javazon. Especially in the hills where it is just impossible to gather monsters at all.

Strafe, guided, and immolation are what you need for doing hills.

12. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I agree with Charly. It's easy to run from cows. Just make sure you have a lot of TP's and are out in the open all the time.

Kill 90% of cows with Lightning Fury, then finish them off with your secondary weapon, a bow.

My general Cow killing tactic is summon a new valk in the middle of the mob, Fury a few times, and finish off with Freezing Arrow with secondary weapon choice.

Can't go wrong.

13. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    cast a new val after 2 furies ;P

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    you can't run if you're lagged. that's where all the deaths come from. cows = bad

15. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    Oh yeah, lag hehe. well it's bad isn't it. You can't do anything about that, just don't play during lag period in cow.

Hitometer: 53,597,273 since 1995