Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

J is my hero...

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
  2. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
  3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Halleck, I am getting negative comments about your man Gigio. People are annoyed by his incessant spamming and generally hostile behavior. My warnings only seem to encourage him.

5. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Jake your post is bringing in a slew of new recruits. Nice! More people are looking for a casual, respected, and mature guild than I would have thought. Well, I dont know about the mature part but......

6. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Gigio is about as accomplished as you are when it comes to having lots of recipes and such. He comes off as a bit greedy to me - he had 76 blues saved up prior to patch hoping to get a nexus crystal out of one of them, and he was hoarding purple lotus so he could make wizard oils and such and sell them for insane prices. He's an agressive seller. Also, a lot of people on Hyjal look down on him for having founded (and then brought down) two or three different guilds.

That said, he's a fine guildmate. He didn't even blink when I needed cash to buy my Eye of Shadow. Aside from pulling agro (as most Evolve mages are wont to do) and getting killed more often than most, I have no problem with him.

He also has five accounts, and 2-boxes occaisionally.

Oh, and he plays on a Mac.

//edit: what kind of warnings did you send?

7. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    That seals it. Loser. ;)

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hey!

:dot:

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Warnings about spamming too much and the ire it can bring. Sometimes he spams like every 20 seconds... BAG, BAG, BAG, 270G, 250G, 260G, 280G.

I also warn him about being generally hostile to customers. For example, he attacks those with questions about the bag.

...all of this since I started selling the bag myself, so I fear that I am somehow responsible, yet he doesn't listen.

10. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hopefully I'll have a new Mac soon. Mine is just feeling too slow these days.

11. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't blame him for spamming that often; most people do.

As far as attacking people with questions about the bag... if you pooh-pooh it because it's 300g for 2 extra slots, and you don't know the mats, you're a noob who needs to think more and investigate on your own rather than immediately attack the seller for price gouging. I don't think it's Gigio. A lot of raiders get rather jaded towards non-raiders, especially those who type in AIMese and have sub-60 mains.

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    attack != questions
    questions != noob

Incessant spamming because others are doing it is not justified and only serves to perpetuate the problem through a cycle of justification. Similarly, the implication that Gigio is justified in being intolerant because other raiders are also intolerant has problems.

Look not to the actions of others in justifying your own.

13. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I didn't say I had any opinion of spamming, just that I think he's no different than anyone else who spams trade (aside from you, I guess).

I don't support the intolerance because everyone else does. I can understand the intolerance because I have no patience for wipes in pickup groups and people who feel they owe it to the server to type "lol wen r u gona giv me mats 4 chant" instead of real english. I've tried asking politely for people like that to stop and I've tried coaching bad players on what they should be doing. The AIMese people usually respond with "stop that i dont owe u nething" and the bad players just need more than one instance run to get it straight. I'm not going to pay a 10g repair bill for their mistakes.

[/rant]

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    My mistake. I saw an implication since you were defending Gigio and attacking the customers.

There are many like me. I am not unique.

My mistake. I saw an implication since you were defending Gigio and attacking the customers.

Just remember, everyone was a noob once.

Hitometer: 53,854,493 since 1995