Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

iTunes importing screwing up

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by gekko, Aug 24, 2002.

1. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm ripping all my CDs back onto my HD, but have ran into a problem on a couple CDs. The final song like like 6 minutes long, when it actually only lasts about 3. And then there's this "Bonus Track" for like 20 minutes which I can't double click to play, and I know it doesn't exist anyhow.

The problem is when I import, the entire CD does just fine, but then I get to the final song and I end up with minutes of static on the end.

I'm running iTunes 3 in 10.2, if that makes a difference. Anyway got suggestions? It only happens on some CDs, not all of them. But I have ripped them all using iTunes before without problems.

2. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
    one solution is to set the stop time in a song's info window to when the song itself ends, before the static.

3. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    good idea. but how would u cut off the extra time in the actual file? you'd have 20 megs of wasted space, and when you burned it back into a CD you'd still have the extra static there.

4. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm Peasant

Market Rating:
    Do you mean there is static attached to the end of the song? You could always rip to wave or whatever your prefered uncompressed format is, cut off the static portion, then encode to mp3/ogg/whatever.

5. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    the song is like 3:00, but it displays it as 6:00 and the remaining stuff comes up as static, like on a TV.

Hitometer: 53,937,153 since 1995