Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

It's sad that people need achievements

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Wiezzen, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Wiezzen

Wiezzen Peasant

Market Rating:
    Lately, there's been an increase of people with the Loremaster title who have gone back and done old quests solely just for the title.
    I've had the title for a while, but I didn't go back solely to just get the title. Having the title hasn't prevented me from proceeding to do ofter left over quests though. Some of the quest chains you find while doing old quests are pretty fun and epic.
    I think people should take the time to go back and do these things for fun, not just because there's an achievement involved. :(

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I don't mind until they start ruining my fun. For example, after they introduced achievements my old world raids became infected by achievers. Suddenly everything is a destination and we have to do every little thing. It's like going on vacation with my mom.

I was a serious raider in 1.0 and 2.0, but in WotLK I quickly burned out on raiding because of the achiever mentality. It's even worse than the epic grind mentality. That's why I quit WoW for a few months. That is also why I don't do new content anymore. I live in the old world now.

I killed Kael'thas in Tempest Keep the other day. We had 7 people. That is an amazing fight. I had never done it before.

3. Wiezzen

Wiezzen Peasant

Market Rating:
    Niiice, I've only gotten to do A'lar and the big robot dude who takes forever to kill.
    Maybe I'll join you guys in doing old world raids soon too. I kind of got screwed over by transferring. My friends who were on Misha basically quit playing after 3 months of me transferring there so there's not much left for me there. Not to mention nobody on the server likes to do old content at all, inless it's ZG. Just more achievement grinders wanting the tiger and raptor mount.

4. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm not sure what their motivation was in implementing achievements (part of me thinks the developers wanted people to go back and experience all the hard work they put into the old content, but I don't know). I haven't generally had a problem with achievers, especially in raid content (but I don't pug raids), however, I pugged an Old Kingdom one day and wound up in a group of four guildies running heroic achievements and got booted from the group so they could kill one of the bosses with four group members (just for the achievement dude). That was probably my worst experience with this mentality.

5. Wiezzen

Wiezzen Peasant

Market Rating:
    wow, that's pretty low for people to do, especially on a guildy.
    the main reason for achievements is it's a way of artifically extending gameplay without much effort.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    my joke

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get the achievement. :heh:

Hitometer: 53,597,034 since 1995