Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

it's 420

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  2. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    anyone planning to celebrate? :huff:
    (I'm not)

3. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Also Hitler's birthday and National High-Five Day.

Full of excitement!

4. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    the guy who usually brings some when we play poker didn't come tonight... so no huff. played some damn good poker though. and my birthday is in two days (same day as greek easter)

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    say no to school, drink your teeth, and stay in drugs.

6. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    Have you ever smoked pot?

7. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Never.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Never.

9. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Never.

10. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
  11. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Once. Made me just about as disoriented as one could be while drunk, made me chuckle at unfunny shit, and for some reason tastes stayed in my mouth long after the food was gone.

I wouldn't recommend it. Too risky, expensive, there are other things to do that are more fun - and legal at that.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  12. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm not above saying I've imbibed a little here and there....don't smoke daily or anything crazy like that. More on occasion with friends, usually accompanied by live music. Since I've never made it a habit or spent money on it that I shouldn't have so overall it's been fairly beneficial. I'm of the opinion that people should be able to do to their bodies what they want, but the law doesn't agee with me and too many people take advantage of pot - something relatively very safe - and make themselves and it look bad. dumb ass potheads...

13. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    Definitely. Lots of things can be detrimental if abused. But I think the bottom line is that there's a big prejudice against pot simply because a lot of people are against it for the legal reasons. And they're raised seeing it as sort of a "taboo." It's actually a hell of a lot like alcohol, and though I agree that there are things I'd much rather do, sometimes it can be a hell of a time. You get with a few friends and just sit back and forget your troubles, be silly and have a few laughs.

I really don't find being "against altered states" to be that dignified or better a lifestyle. Some people I used to know would say they were "straight edge" just to make their abstinence sound cool, or to excuse their not having been exposed to anything outside the status quo. It doesn't pay off in my opinion... plus the minds of the people I've met who do it responsibly aren't kaput. But true, I've met lots of potheads who do it as hobby because they've got no hobbies. And that's dumb. But I know another guy who does a bit quite often, never really getting high, just to take the edge off (hey, some people need that)... like having a glass of wine or something. And he's sharp.

I still argue with my dad about it sometimes, who goes home almost every afternoon a little tipsy from drinking ouzo with his friends. I think it's exactly the same... only one has a bad reputation and is done illegally by teenagers. And I've never bought it either by the way.... I'm just an occasional moocher :D

14. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    there is also just a ton more misinformation about marijuana. I'm not one of those people that scream that everyone has to try it, I don't care what you do or don't do...but it doesn bother me when people go off on tamtrums about how if you were to smoke you'd be addicted (which is false), stupid (also false), and do harder drugs (no such thing as gateway drugs). Look at DARE. When I took it they equated marijuana with hard drugs like cocaine and heroin. At the time we didn't know any better so it sounded reasonable and everyone chanted back "god..I'm never drinking/doing drugs." but then what happens is some kid tries pot and thinks "hey...this isn't as bad as they made it out to be...what else did they lie to me about?" Bam...there you go. Don't lie to kids about the dangers, tell them the real dangers and how to minimize them. It's like preaching only abstinence rather than a real education about birth control. Kids are going to have sex and kids are probably going to try drugs at some point... pretending like they won't only makes it worse.

15. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    QFT.

I was raised under DARE paranoia. As a result I was very, VERY underprepared for what I came to see in college - incoming freshmen drinking during orientatioin night, getting "sexiled" from my room, smoking, etc. My immature opinions on those subjects got laughs from some.

Think about it. To give an anti-drug speech requires that you be against drugs, and most government positions require that you've never done anything. Having someone who's never tried pot give an antidrug speech is like a virgin preaching abstinence, just plain absurd.

16. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    actually you can get into the FBI as long as you havn't smoked marijuana in the last ten years or more than five times in your life (arbitrary much?)

17. Jaco

Jaco Peasant

Market Rating:
    !

everyday, usually more than three times a day
    for at least 4 years now

18. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    you must be very proud

19. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
    No, he really usually isn't. I mean, the thread is about it... he just replied.

20. Jaco

Jaco Peasant

Market Rating:
    !

whatever, it's not even anything

I'll be getting my BSc majoring in math next year, and I'm in ****ing fantastic shape

I just love smoking weed
    not for everybody I guess

Hitometer: 54,378,530 since 1995