Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Is it time for the children to teach the adults?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jesse_us10, Nov 8, 2003.

1. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Passing on a Record

The fix was in: One high school coach agreed to let the rival team score a touchdown; the other coach agreed to let the rival's quarterback complete a record-setting pass. But the quarterback didn't want to set a record by cheating.

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. -- A high school quarterback has asked officials to erase his record-setting pass because his coach had made a deal with the opposing team to let him complete it.

Nate Haasis' Springfield Southeast High School team let Cahokia High School score a touchdown late in Saturday's game, which Cahokia won 42-20. In exchange, Cahokia made no effort to keep Haasis from completing a 37-yard pass that gave him a record.

In post-game comments Saturday, both coaches acknowledged arranging the deal during a time-out.

The completion gave Haasis 5,006 yards for his career, setting a new record for the Central State Eight Conference and making him one of 12 Illinois high school quarterbacks to pass for more than 5,000 yards.

But in a letter to the president of the conference, Haasis asked that the pass be stricken from the record books.

Stupid coaches. Classy kid.

Excerpt from this article.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,102506,00.html

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    that's gay of them.

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    That QB is my hero.

4. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yea, I heard this on the radio. Pretty weak...i mean, obviously the kid is a good quarterback, who says he couldn't have completed it on his own. Then again, great publicity for him...

Hitometer: 53,589,430 since 1995