Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

is it just me, or there's just no clan games to be found?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by ogopogo, Jul 30, 2000.

1. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    Are ppl just avoiding telling me that there r tcp/ip or bnets games going on???? [​IMG] [​IMG]

AH!!!!!!!U LOSES EXP. WHEN U DIE IN NIGHTMARE MODE!!!!!!!!NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    In the biginning Universe was born. This has made many people angry and was regarded as a bad move.

[This message has been edited by ogopogo (edited 07-29-2000).]

2. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I cant find anyone either, maybe they're avoiding us

3. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've been doing non-diablo stuff the last couple days, but I did have time to swing back and beat diablo [again] so I can now play nightmare games.

I have to admit, other than pre-arranged meetings for trades, you two (Ogopogo & Autolycus) are the main clan members I've seen in the channel or played any amount of time with.

I realize single player is much more playable than B.net right now, but gameplay with TCP/IP is acceptable. It seems that everyone who responded to the "what level are you" question should get out and play more clan multiplayer games, especially once you've been through the story once.

And especially at the time of day that I choose to play, darnit!

4. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    me, rustam and gilgamesh just played a game on tcp/ip starting with 1st level characters that we will only play with our group(called team alpha).
    It was really cool since this way we will all progress at the same time.

Check out the post: "Anyone up for a good d2 adventure?"
    it talks about starting this thing.

5. Muskie

Muskie Peasant

Market Rating:
    I now have the game, and a character, and a battle.net account though it doesn't seem to want to let me in right now.

Will possibly be able to play tomorrow day.

Muskie

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    this is an big issue right now. If clan members start a battle.net or TCP/IP game there is no way of tracking that game. Does anyone know of a way to track our games? Right now the best thing we have is our battle.net channel for meeting people and organizing games. I wish GR supported D2. For right now I'm not sure we can do much about this. Any suggestions?

7. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jakeman:
    this is an big issue right now. If clan members start a battle.net or TCP/IP game there is no way of tracking that game. Does anyone know of a way to track our games? Right now the best thing we have is our battle.net channel for meeting people and organizing games. I wish GR supported D2. For right now I'm not sure we can do much about this. Any suggestions?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What we need is a static server to run games off of...

------------------
    I say we nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    My DSL is 100% dynamic. Plus my router's NAT protocols are giving me fat lag which only effects game servers. I'm in no position to host an ongoing static server. Anyone else?

------------------
    supercalafragilisticexpealadocious!

9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flytrap:
    me, rustam and gilgamesh just played a game on tcp/ip starting with 1st level characters that we will only play with our group(called team alpha).
    It was really cool since this way we will all progress at the same time.

Check out the post: "Anyone up for a good d2 adventure?"
    it talks about starting this thing.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try to get a few adventurers together for TCP/IP games...I never even go to BNet right now since it is sooo bad. I can't create games, or they lag out, connections sever, or whole bunches of stuff... TCP/IP is the way to go for multi!!!

10. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I haven't been online, busy working, kids sick and getting D2 to play well on my mac.
    But I did some tinkering last night and got D2 working quite well. The patch should get me flying.
    I may start a UsEast character soon, and have my open characters also available for TCP/IP games. But I'll be gone for a week, so hopefully I don't fall behind too much [​IMG]

------------------
    "A mage's soul is forged in the crucible of the magic"

11. Muskie

Muskie Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've gone to the mac clan channel never seen anyone I have seen people on the mAc channel though. I played several b.net games with riff raff. I really like the idea of closed characters and may if I have time (this is a huge thing for me I work 55 hours in five days last week) start a closed character called Mac_Lust don't steal my name. I'll probably do another Amazon.

My user name on b.net is MuskieMckay but the character I use is Mac_Muskie just like the rules right... I hope to play with some of you all in the coming weeks. I'll likely only be available weekends and evening PST time.

Muskie

12. Mendel

Mendel Peasant

Market Rating:
    Its very simple, Jakeman. When someone creates a clan TCP/IP game, they tell the bot. Whenever someone gets into the room, the bot will broadcast all open clan games.

I hope thats doable.

13. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I'm not sure if my bot can do that. I'll check. I think closed would be the ideal solution to organizing and finding clan games. At least all members will visit the channel with closed since they have to be on battle.net. This should at least make it so members will always have at least a couple people in the channel to organize with. Instead of troubleshooting finding existing games, just go to the channel and find some one. Get a few people together and play. One person could leave the game periodically to see if anyone else is in the channel to join the game.

------------------
    supercalafragilisticexpealadocious!

14. Muskie

Muskie Peasant

Market Rating:
    Swung by the channel last night no one was there, there were however about a dozen in the mAc channel which is an unofficial record for me. I played in a random Open game, two actually, one I quit as some guy went hostile on me, one I left due to my connection being lost (this was a first). Anyway when I played immediately after in single I had a pile of money on my character. Like 6-7 times more money then I had in my stash. Any ideas how that happened, I never did anything notable during the actual online game.

Muskie

15. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    That has happened to me also... very odd...

------------------
    Okay I pulled the pin...
    NOW WHAT?

16. Muskie

Muskie Peasant

Market Rating:
    I haven't had much use for gold either, the stuff that is ually for sale is often better for another class then mine plus generally you find better stuff wandering around then you do for sale. About the only thing I buy is identify scrolls, even with Deckard Cain it is nice to identify stuff before lugging it back to town, at least that's the way I play, I suppose I could teleport back to town, get it identified etc. etc. etc.

But I have very limited time to play and could care less about a few GP especially now that my character is filthy rich.

Muskie

17. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    That is strange. If you're partied with them, you share gold that you pick up. But if it's in excess, someone is prob generating the gold somehow. This happened in non-clan games right?
    It's prob a cheat.

------------------
    "A mage's soul is forged in the crucible of the magic"

18. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    As I mentioned in another thread, I'll set up a static server with my pc version as soon as I get the Mac version. Anyoen know a cheap online source for Mac D2?

------------------
    I say we nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Hitometer: 53,595,955 since 1995