Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

I'm never getting laid...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dcwilson26, Jul 4, 2006.

1. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Work is okay. Its tiring but the pay is pretty good. I make about $900 a week and I only pay $1350 for my condo per month. I get free food which saves me a lot of money as well. I haven't gambled a single dime since I've been here but I'll probably gamble a lot when my friends come visit so there is no need to gamble by myself. I am one of the youngest ones there so its hard finding a group to go out with. I'm definately thinking of joining some type of group to meet people. I'm just so lazy that it hasn't happened yet.

2. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    I like seeing a post like this. I can relate to you on so many levels man. Basically I think this kind of thing happens to lots of people, but to some of us who are more sensitive, it has a big effect and we get to thinking we're worthless. We let it affect our mood, our personality, and in the end I think it creates a negative aura that repels people.

I've felt like that many times, and I've had dry spells, but like Harley said, the things that took place at the wedding show you that you do have the charisma, the potential and the appeal to get girls like that. But that whole wedding was good luck. Things went your way and that's how you got into that lucky situation. But like some other guys said, it's about learning to master your ability to create those situations.

Something really similar happened to me a couple weeks ago. I went to a hip hop club with some guys from my college and my sister who was visiting. I went in feeling kinda insecure cause I was dressed bad and wasn't into the whole hip hop thing. But I drank like I always do, and maybe it was a combination of the drink induced dancing and the fact that my sister probably appeared to be my girlfriend that attracted some girls, but I was still surprised when the one hot girl nearby ignored the other guys and came over to dance with me. I also almost hooked up with some other girl. Before that even, I was ignored by another girl, but I guess the good mood I was in allowed me to get over it quickly. Anyway, I must have had too many drinks cause I got sick, had to go to the bathroom and then went outside to puke like a complete idiot in front of this really fancy ass club. It was embarrasing and obviously I missed out on both those opportunities cause soon I left.

But I let this thing blow over... cause I think I can make it happen again, and I don't see it as a loss, despite not having gotten laid, cause it boosted my confidence. I think you gotta start thinking more positive. That's what a lot of people tell me. Look at the whole thing as a boost to your confidence and keep in mind that you can be appealing to women. Don't be like "they'll forget about me soon enough." Yeah I do that too, but think of the conceited guys who meet women, don't get laid, but still think they're good enough for the women to wanna call them. I'm sure that just like we don't forget about the lost opportunities, women don't either. So I hope you wished her a happy 4th of July and reminded her that she's invited to stay at your place in September and that you're expecting her. Some girls will forget, but try and brush it off... get busy with something else.

Just one thing you might've been able to do differently: maybe when they called you from the freeway you could've told them they should come stay at your place cause it was closer, or offer to pick them up if you had a car.

More generally, I think women really do respond to men who are confident and aren't afraid to be themselves. Everyone does, not just women. Of course you'll run into the occasional bitch who snubs you cause you don't act like some trendy arrogant idiot or you're not a smooth talker, but if that's the case then she's the one who's ****ed up, and you're bound to run into some of them. So try not to let it get to you and don't let it shatter your ego... just move on to the next one. From what I've seen the guys who get lots of women don't necessarily do so cause they're better than you, but more cause they hit on many many more girls.

The point is being more outgoing, forcing yourself to talk to people, and like the other guys said, get out there, and join stuff. If you just wanna get laid, then go to places where everyone wants sex... like night clubs... not those awkward sitting down lounges, but those tight crazy loud places. It's a stupid atmosphere and you might have to have a few drinks, but take a look at what happened to me at that hip hop club. Anyway, find what works for you....

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I need to come out to Vegas so you can deal me some good cards, unlike this past weekend in AC. (Actually I came back about $400 up so I can't complain. But most of that was on two hands of NLHE against some drunk Indian guy who just wanted to give his money away to my pocket KK... twice.)

4. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I don't think everyone goes to night clubs to get laid.

Don't be so hard on yourself Agar. There are alot women out there that are looking for a sweet guy like yourself. I'm sure she will remember you and never forget that toast that you made. You just need confidence in yourself.

5. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Who said he was sweet?

6. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I'm the typical "nice guy".

7. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    I was always in the same category. :( Doesnt really get you anywhere with most women your age. They all seem to prefer the assholes.

8. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    he is the typical "nice guy".

good news is, when you do find someone, they will be for real, not some ditz you may have met at a club. I think being a "nice guy" is better than being an ass, and I learned that the hard way... tried both methods.

9. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
    There is a fine line between being sweet and being unconfident. The #1 thing that will influence your dealings with women is your confidence. Most so-called nice guys are not confident; women can smell this, consciously and unconsciously, and will avoid you like the plauge. Nothing is less attractive than a lack of confidence.

10. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:

There are a lot of women out there that don't prefer assholes. You just have to find them. Also don't be too agressive.

I've been stalked before, and that will not get you the woman that you want.

11. Calendryll

Market Rating:

Yes, I'm sorry. I didn't mean all of them, in fact I found one. :D
    This just runs along that same line that not all guys are "assholes."

12. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Or are we????????

13. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Just you Fuj. j/k ;)

14. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    /cry

15. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I snub a lot of girls, but I do it with confidence. That must be why it doesn't work.

16. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    You just need to not be so bitter Jake.

17. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I call bullshit :p

18. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    I meant relatively....

19. Jaco

Jaco Peasant

Market Rating:
    try hooking up with girls you don't like, just to practice for the ones you do
    it's a skill-set, so just do it all the time to get good at it

20. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    hooking up is not something I'd do with a girl I'd like, so why practice it at all?

When I first got my girlfriend... things went like this:

We liked each other, and I had never really kissed a girl seriously before. I told her I was just too nervous around girls, and she basically told me I shouldn't be and that I should make a move if I was attracted to someone (hint hint).

The first time I kissed her, it was a peck on the lips as she was getting into bed, and I felt so awkward I immediately mumbled "gnight" and ran out, banging my knee very loudly on the door, and making it 100x as awkward at the same time. She thought it was cute.

Hitometer: 53,932,876 since 1995