Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

ignore

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cowofwar, May 9, 2001.

1. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Le Canada a un problème, nous avons beaucoup de ressources naturels et les États-Unis n’ont pas. À cause de l’expansionisme des americans ils veulent ces ressources, et nous, les canadians, un nation plus petit sont trouvés beaucoup de fois exploités par nos voisins du sud.

L’une des plus exploité ressources du Canada sont les saumons, ils sont trouvés toute la longue du côte pacifique nord et un parti important du commerce de la Colombie Britannique. Mais le cycle de vie des saumons apportent les saumons aux eaux du nord du côte d’Alaska qu’appartiennent aux États-Unis. Les americans peuvent faire n’importe quoi avec les saumons parce qu’ils sont dans leur territoire mais, ils prennent souvent un grand nombre de poissons avant qu’ils entrent dans les eaux canadiens.

Mais qu’est-ce qu’on peut faire? On besion un nouveau politique étrangère qui peut traité ces problèmes. On doit montrer que nous, les canadians, ne vont pas laissé les americans nous exploités.

Gas, Oil

Water – Great Lakes

Salmon – Pacific Coast

Human resources – doctors, teachers, IT

2. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I can't ignore something that you tell me to ignore. You should just not give the thread a subject. Ignore screams "Look at me!", so I must.

3. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    Rise up, my Canadian brother!! Crush the oppressive United States!!! Drink milk from a bag!!!!

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  5. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Cow's original posting talks about potential American exploitation of Canadian resources like water, gas, etc. Exporting water is a big thing up here. Canada's the Saudi Arabia of drinking water, and there's a lot of opposition to exporting it.

6. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    It was the outline of an essay. I handed that in a long time ago.

7. Zephor

Zephor Peasant

Market Rating:
    OH NO we wont have the pure refresing taste of mountain spring water from Canada.

8. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Laugh now, monkey boy. You'll be crying for power this summer (water->hydroelectric power). Plus our natural gas, the oil sands in Alberta, all the power generating stations in Northern Quebec suppying power to the northeast... :evil: Pay up!

9. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    I know that the US is conserving their petrolium resources now and importing from other countries....but canada have even more resources, just that it's so damn cold to get them up the latitude.

10. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    BAH! we dont need no stinking canadians! Lets nuke them and get it over with! then we cant take the water FREE of charge, PLUS i heard radioactive water is good for your skin, it makes it glow a helathy green!

hehe, that or we could just keep importing it from them instead of mass nuclear warfare. Either way, im not paying taxes yet

11. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    mmmm......ignorance.

It isn't cold in Canada. It's cold during the winter in the eastern provinces. During the summer it's extremely hot and in the western provinces it's mild year round.

12. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Extremely hot, as in 65ºF? By the way,

1) I didn't know Sparhawk was Canadian ;)
    2) we'll just melt a bunch of the Rocky Mountain Range and we have all the drinking water we need :D.

--Haite

13. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    No, In Ontario you're looking at summer temperatures of 70+

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    :suspect: hey! that whole first post is in French. Oh yeah, you speak french don't you? lol, a french cow. All them frenchies have attitudes. :D

15. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    /me warmoos and grazes on Jakeman's crushed body and brains.

16. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Heh 70+, in Florida it's 70+ in the winter...anyway of course we're exploiters of resources, you Canadians would be too if your population wasn't so small. In terms of hydro-electric power, I think we have equal amounts of that, Niagra Falls is both Canadian and American, as well as Hoover Dam, Boulder Dam and a bunch of other giant ass Dams. California is really the only place that has an energy crisis and that is because it's too damn dry, hot, and too many damn people over there...There's probably more people in California than in all of Canada..in terms of the Great Lakes, Canada only owns half of them (the cleaner part i'm sure, but I know our toxic waste must come over there, and If I'm not mistaken Toronto screwed up there half of their Great Lake too) ah the old Canada/American debate, gotta love it. Personally we need to get away from that damn Fossil fuel BS, sure cold fusion is a pipe dream, but we want it NOW lobby for Fusion...FUSION FUSION FUSION NOW!! :D

17. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    On the 70+ comment, I laugh in your face, it's at least 80 right now where I live (Ventura, CA, 2 hours north of LA) anyway, back to topic.

Wouldn't cold fusion kinda defeat the whole idea behind it? I mean, fusing two elements would be a hot reaction, to create steam, and generate power the conventional way thereafter. If the reaction were cold, what would be the point in terms of generating electricity?

Finally about the power crisis, I blame imigrants, the two biggest cities in the state, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, are full of Mexican imigrants, and asian imigrants respectively. I think they need to disperse, or go to Canada instead :p.

--Haite

18. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Actually cold fusion deals with fusing the elements without heating them up first. They can fuse elements with 10,000 degree lasers, but it requires too much power, it isn't efficient. The whole idea is to bring the pressure so high that 10,000 degrees is close to room temperature inside the fusion chamber (ie superconductors) making it efficient enough to use as a power source, but it's a pipe dream (at least as far as our current technology is concerned).

19. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    2 things Osirus,

1) Use paragraphs.

2) California has a power shortage because CA is the internet capital of the world. Almost every web server is there. They have massive server farms all over the region sucking power day and night. California can't handle that massive amount of juice.

20. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    mmm, i want a server farm for my birthday!

Hitometer: 53,587,964 since 1995