Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

I LOST MY CHARACTER!!!!!

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Dark_Warrior, Jul 28, 2000.

1. Dark_Warrior

Dark_Warrior Peasant

Market Rating:
    there was a powerfailure here when i was playing and when i rebooted my comp and got back into diablo my character was GONE!!
    is there anything i can do besides start over?

------------------
    guiness beer sucks

2. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I back up my character (copy all the files in the the save folder to a folder called "Level XX") every couple of levels or so. I tested whether those files work early on, and they indeed appear to restore the character to that backed up state. To be even more secure, keep those backups on a seperate drive.

You might have some data recovery options available to you to salvage your old character, but at the very least, start backing up in the future. My condolences on your loss...

3. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I was just online trading, and I traded for a special short sword, and when I looked in my inventory, the sword was untouchable... I got worried and tried to leave the game. When I tried to rejoin any game I got a messages that said bad item. I then got frantic trying to rid myself of that evil item, and lo and behold when I started a single player game... my level 25 character was reduced to level 1 ! Don't let this happen to you... always backup your character before playing in the morning and after finishing playing in the afternoon or evening ( or Early morning :-> )

------------------
    Okay I pulled the pin...
    NOW WHAT?

Hitometer: 53,594,180 since 1995