Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

I have a very important matter to discuss

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jopakazoln, Jun 11, 2000.

1. Jopakazoln

Jopakazoln Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm one of the newest members of this clan, but I do have a point to make I'd like to see addressed. As of late I've heard a lot about clan wars and duels and all sorts of PKilling stuff with other clans, but the truth is guys, we here, may not want to be so flagrent in our ways of combat. By the time we get Diablo 2, the PC clans will already have a 2 or maybe 3 month start on us. That would probably spell out to an estimated 15-30 levels on average over us. In short if we pick a fight in our first 6 months basically we are goning to loss there is no question about it a level 3 charater again a level 20 or 30 there's no chance. Just trying to offer some sound advice.

2. The Reaper

The Reaper Peasant

Market Rating:
    You got a point there.
    btw, is there any way to play a online game with only MAC members???

3. Hells Fire

Hells Fire Peasant

Market Rating:
    The PC will only be about a month ahead of us, but if we find the right stuff we can stand up to those clans.
    The quicker we get Diablo II, the better chance we have!!

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm all for clan wars! They can be fun. btw, I don't think battle.net lets you play with character that are more than a couple levels + or - from you. I know that Diablo 1 did that.

Yes we can have M.A.C. only games. We just create a game online and give it a password. For clan members to find the game they need to search for a key word. If we put M.A.C. in the title of each game then clan members could easily find clan games. Am I correct on this guys?

------------------
    lamo mac boy

5. dradius

dradius Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have the stress test and you can set the difference in charactor lavels from 0 to 99. And it might take about a week to get to level 20-30 if you play a lot over the summer (if we get it before the end). Clan wars will be no problem.

6. Justice

Justice Peasant

Market Rating:
    Dradius is correct -=- levels can be set, and searches can be made via keywords/logins via passwords, but I believe we have to be logged on the same Battle.net server? I could be wrong in this. I'm just getting started and had 24 hrs without power [​IMG]

Best To All
    Justice

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    You're right, all of our characters have to be created on the same battle.net server. I think the East Coast US server will be the best.

------------------
    lamo mac boy

8. Qwarn

Qwarn Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think we should use west. More ppl live on the east cost so more might be using it. And two thing about the level gap:
    1. Supposedly PKing is as much of a problem as in Diablo I.
    2. What if when we got on bnet we have one game and pass that everyone uses (name: mac pass: diablo for example). When you get on bnet you join the mac game if someone has already started it, or if there is none or it is full you start a new one. If it was full the name could be mac1 / diablo. You would check mac/diablo first then mac1/diablo if neither exist you create mac1/diablo... If we did that we could have games with only ppl from our clan and maybe our friends. That way we would have to worry about PKing and we could help each other levelup and get good enough so that we can fight the PC ppl!

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    You may be right about the west coast server being better. For now we are going to go with the east coast server. If I find out from some one that west coast, or some other server, is better then we will switch. I have specifics regarding these little details in an announcement for this forum (towards the top of the main page for this forum).

------------------
    lamo mac boy

10. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jakeman:
    I'm all for clan wars! They can be fun. btw, I don't think battle.net lets you play with character that are more than a couple levels + or - from you. I know that Diablo 1 did that.

Yes we can have M.A.C. only games. We just create a game online and give it a password. For clan members to find the game they need to search for a key word. If we put M.A.C. in the title of each game then clan members could easily find clan games. Am I correct on this guys?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I was going to say that, but you beat me to it. Anyways, some people like me will be hosting 24/7 D2 servers for the clan so if you ever want to, you can join our servers.
    This is possible because Blizzard has re-implemented a TCP/IP option other than Battle.net into D2 so now you can join people's IP address'.

------------------
    By reading the above post you agree that your soul is mine.

11. Edward

Edward Unregistered

Sporting non-battle.net servers for the clan is counter-productive isn't it? I mean, the clan can only gain gold, power, and reputation if we're mixing it up on bnet right? Or am I missing something...

------------------
    Edward, the Black Prince

12. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    oops, heh. I sorta forgot that you can only play your open characters over TCP/IP on other people's IP Address whereas your closed character can only be played on Bnet. This might not work to hell since I absolutely abhor cheating.

------------------
    By reading the above post you agree that your soul is mine.

Hitometer: 53,586,157 since 1995